• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shutdown while charging due to buggy App

I have suffered the shutdown while charging and have traced it to a battery charge indicator app.

I would charge the battery at night and the next morning it wouldn't restart without pulling the battery. This occurred concurrently with installing a battery charge indicator app.

I uninstalled the app and now the problem has disappeared. My unabated installation of apps has now stopped. I am now convinced that the app world is full of bugs and crap. I bet half the problems that folks have are due to unvetted apps being used. I am now trying to figure out how to properly screen them before I install them and inherit a fatal bug in the process.

I had one random shut off the first night I got my phone.

As soon as I got my phone I installed one of those Sense like widgets that has the clock and whatnot. I charged my phone to 100% before I went to bed. Woke up the next morning to find my phone shut itself off.

That widget was the only app I had installed the first day so I uninstalled it and since then I have not had any more shutoffs.

I could be wrong, though. I read someplace else on this forum who had the same problem as I did when they charged it fully. I hope it's just a software issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones