• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sim unlocking the desire?

I have just used HTC Codes and been told my phone is too new and would have to pay an extra 20 dollars to unlock it. I will therefore be sending a complaint to paypal as I have not recieved the service required.
I know the creators of the site use this forum so if you would like to answer my complaint I would appreciate it. Otherwise I will be going on every forum and writing the same.

As an advertising student I realise that word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

Upvote 0
Just to say I purchased my unlock code from my HTC Desire locked to T-Mobile from HTCCode. Cost me $15 more than advertised on their website, but the guy I was chatting to on their online chat was very good (and patient!) with me, and I had my unlock code within 5 minutes (including the time I kept pressing the wrong button!).

The client I downloaded didn't have my code in the DB, but the code the guy gave me on the live online chat worked first time.

Cheers guys!

Upvote 0
Purchased unlock code from mobileunlocked.com which was then refunded as mine is too new apparently and would need to pay extra to use new database. Only problem is refund has been put on hold by paypal.

then ordered code from gsmliberty and got email saying i needed to pay $15 more. Replied saying fine but again not heard anything back an the online chat person was of no help. So now down about

Upvote 0
Newbie Desire owner here....just unlocked my o2 branded handset, ready to root and de-brand so I can get my hands on 2.2 :)

Also used HTCcode.com to unlock my Desire. IMEI was in the latest HTC Master Database so needed to pay extra for this but Sudarshan generated the code within 1 minute of me sending payment and was all done via the Online Support chat function.

Quick and easy, would recommend their services to anyone needing an unlock code.

-Mikee-

Upvote 0
Newbie Desire owner here....just unlocked my o2 branded handset, ready to root and de-brand so I can get my hands on 2.2 :)

Also used HTCcode.com to unlock my Desire. IMEI was in the latest HTC Master Database so needed to pay extra for this but Sudarshan generated the code within 1 minute of me sending payment and was all done via the Online Support chat function.

Quick and easy, would recommend their services to anyone needing an unlock code.

-Mikee-

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This page comes up number one on google search for the HTC Desire unlock, so I'll post this here:

Beware when paying for unlock codes. On all unlock sites including the ones advertised here, HTC unlock codes for phones manufactured *AFTER* MAY 2010 cost more to unlock. There are a lot of sites advertising prices but for my phone, they always email back asking for more money. I have problems with the morality of this, it makes me think it's a scam.. so beware.. $us25-30 seems to be the going rate

Upvote 0
I wouldn't order from this site if I were you. It seems if they can unlock your device they will and if not, they will simply take your money and ignore your emails. Their forums are full of people who have been ripped off.

I paid to unlock my device and they stole my money.

DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

I am having the same problem. He wanted more money to give me my code, and now won't return me my money.

Upvote 0
Another unlocker to be aware of folks, gadget_international on eBay

Unlock Code for HTC Cruise Touch, Dash, Desire, Diamond on eBay (end time 09-Apr-10 00:19:41 BST)

Uses a Classified Advert, so no feedback can be left, but cannot actually supply the HTC Desire unlock codes!

I'd recommend HTCCODE.Com who unlocked mine within 48hrs.

I *would not* recomment htccode.com. My phone is manufactured after MAY 2010 and he wants more money which I said I wouldn't do. Now he refuses to refund me. The program you have to download isn't well written either.

Upvote 0
Stop posting false claims here. You were not forced to buy the new code.
We have already offered you a refund. It is customers discretion whether to choose to opt for the new code or not.

Can I have my refund then ? I have opened a dispute on pay-pal in order to reclaim my money.

All my emails are going to someone in India who just asks me what my userID is and then dances about the subject. The downloaded program just gives my error messages in BAD English. It's not professional.

Upvote 0
HTCCODE.COM need to be a lot more up-front about the price. Advertising $us15 then asking for more is NOT sound business practice..
I have to agree with flamingmongrel. HTCCODE.COM are very underhand in their pricing and business practice. Can not recommend them at all. Paid my 20usd and got no unlock code but did get told to read forum and pay more money! I told them their website says unlock any and all HTC handset for 20usd and they say they will refund. I returned the logins to them for refund but did NOT get a refund.
As far as I am concerned these people are not honest and just out for the money at any cost. I am now using paypal for refund. RUBBISH company.
I am posting this message in as many forums as I can find. Call me a whinger but this sort of business practice needs to be stamped out. Why dont they just have a clear structured pricing scheme and avoid making customers feel ripped off?

Upvote 0
just a curious question here....
im sure that the odd person here or there getting a phone unlocked will be doing it when they default a contract.... apologise to those that arnt.
dont the networks lock the phones down after so long without payment??
cant they lock them down even if you move to another network???
if so it seems a bit crazy spending money on a code for what will end up a flash looking paper weight :thinking:

Upvote 0
just a curious question here....
im sure that the odd person here or there getting a phone unlocked will be doing it when they default a contract.... apologise to those that arnt.
dont the networks lock the phones down after so long without payment??
cant they lock them down even if you move to another network???
if so it seems a bit crazy spending money on a code for what will end up a flash looking paper weight :thinking:

Yes, but only within the UK. Lots of stolen phones just get sent abroad now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones