• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sm-g9008w

Khalliez

Lurker
Mar 31, 2020
Please how do i make my samsung china mobile phone to start using google play service with out it saying unfortunately google play has stop
.... it was version 4.4
But ever since i updated it to 6.0
It turns into a china mobile
Please how can i restore it back or were can i get the original firmware that will wrk

Welcome to Android Forums @Khalliez .

Please clarify "But ever since i updated it to 6.0
It turns into a china mobile". What was if before it turned into a China Mobile? The more info you provide the better we can advise you.
It was normal before ... a normal samsung mobile with android version ,google play was working perfectly den after the update everything changed

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
The SM-G9008W is an S5 variant made specifically for China Mobile, and was originally only sold in China, for use on China Mobile's TD-SCDMA network.

To install Google, you basically need to root it, install an aappropriate CWM custom recovery, and then flash a Gapps package.
The only thing I can find for this phone is here.
https://www.martview-forum.com/thre...n-galaxy-s5-dual-sim-sm-g9008w-sm-g9008v.668/

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums @Khalliez .

Please clarify "But ever since i updated it to 6.0
It turns into a china mobile". What was if before it turned into a China Mobile? The more info you provide the better we can advise you.

If your living in China then I recommend @mikedt . :)

May need more information from the OP I think. But I guess what happened, the phone at sometime was rooted and modified, to add Google. But the update to 6 was the China Mobile version. Which doesn't have Google of course.

Reactions: ocnbrze and MrJavi
Upvote 0
I Am In nigeria and the phone was bought here in nigeria ..... the firmware i installed cause it to Change to CHM So pls m looking for a firmware that is version 6.0 to installed on the phone that i will have access to google play Services thanks ...... the MODEL of the phone SM-G9008w thanks again m from nigeria

Upvote 0
I Am In nigeria and the phone was bought here in nigeria ..... the firmware i installed cause it to Change to CHM So pls m looking for a firmware that is version 6.0 to installed on the phone that i will have access to google play Services thanks ...... the MODEL of the phone SM-G9008w thanks again m from nigeria

AFAIK the SM-G9008W(not to be confused with SM-G9005, S Canada variant) S5 non-Google variant was only officially sold in China. So I suspect it may have been grey imported to Nigeria and modified. You used Odin to update it to 6? And ended up with CHM(China Mobile firmware) that it would have originally come with. What you can do about it now, I don't know, because any information I can find is only for the S5 with Android 5 or earlier.

Suggest you post the phone's CSC
, do *#1234#" from the dialler, and if you see "CHM" (the CSC for China Mobile), then it's definitely a China Mobile variant.

FYI there's a full list of Samsung CSCs here.
https://www.androidsage.com/2017/07...specific-product-code-csc-and-country-region/
Also there's a list of S5 variants here on AF, thanks @ironass
https://androidforums.com/threads/42-galaxy-s5-models-dummies-guide.892162/
China
SM-9008V = China Mobile
SM-G9006V = China Mobile (WCDMA network)
SM-G9009D = China Telecom (CDMA/EV-DO version)
SM-G9006W = China Unicom (Dual sim)
SM-9008W = China Mobile

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Screenshot_2020-04-03-04-55-00.png
thats the screenshot as i dialed the *#1234#

Upvote 0
View attachment 149140 thats the screenshot as i dialed the *#1234#

General info

• BL stands for bootloader
  • AP represents the system partition (possibly stands for Android partition); under previous Odin versions, this was called "PDA"
  • CP represents your modem
  • CSC stands for Consumer Software Customization, this specifies the features your Android device gets according to its geographical location and carrier

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones