• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Small donation for 2.0

Well, I suppose there's always a way. Western Union or something like that. Again, one person would collect donations through PayPal and then send the money. It's up to whether people would donate to mustymod.
ill be real here
i dont know of or trust him, he doesnt seem to like to communicate much or reply to people.
on the modaco forums that was his 1st post i believe, he just came out of nowhere.

where as drakaz and co have produced work and countless beta's over the last 9 months with outstanding results and feedback

i dont throw my money about thats for sure

A Dev needs to show some propper heart and soul for me to hand over a donation.
Drakaz deserves my donation regardless of what comes in the future. if he stops completely now i wouldnt be annoyed as he deserves his galaxy for all the work hes done in the past.

Upvote 0
i think andronix has a point here, mustymod should also be supported. he did not start the work asking for money and did it while everyone was talking why it is impossible.

besides having two teams working is good for all of us!

i missed the first one but will chip in if there is a second

mustymod has a galaxy, drakaz doesnt as he got a new device
the two should work together but mustymod is not speaking to drakaz
i dont see why someone cannot work along side drakaz, he asks for nothing and probably has the most widely used rom and recovery in galaxy alone.
it would make his job easier and same with drakaz, both would benefit from donations and the community benefits from solid work
instead there is a divide and there shouldnt be as there shouldnt be competition in this imo

Upvote 0
surely two teams is better than one, but in this case one of the teams are doing it out of passion and with the source being open. The other team on the other hand simply were first, and became quickly corrupted with greed.

No need to say "greed". when he turn on the light, many tester asking for donation bottom. and he try it, also update some function of ROM. but he got "NO WAY" from paypal for his country. I think he just angry for that. now he is cool down & will keep on going for new update, according to his twitter.

And since he is not open his source code or keys to 2.0, yet. That's why we love & trust Drakaz more, he did provide solution & open his souce code. But they all helping the Galaxy user in different way.

Upvote 0
Mustymod doesn't look like guy who is able to talk English (or talk at all)... Personally I can believe that we misunderstood him and he was just frustrated by PayPal. The problem is that he doesn't talk to people, he doesn't communicate with us, ignores our messages (somebody tried PMing him on modaco?) and seems as man impossible to work with. Sad because he definitely got necessary knowledge. And now this man (too shy to talk to us or whatever?) reads our "thank you (and f**k you)" to him for his good work. Let's just stop bitching over him and do our work, and try to invite him to help if possible.

Upvote 0
Mustymod doesn't look like guy who is able to talk English (or talk at all)... Personally I can believe that we misunderstood him and he was just frustrated by PayPal. The problem is that he doesn't talk to people, he doesn't communicate with us, ignores our messages (somebody tried PMing him on modaco?) and seems as man impossible to work with. Sad because he definitely got necessary knowledge. And now this man (too shy to talk to us or whatever?) reads our "thank you (and f**k you)" to him for his good work. Let's just stop bitching over him and do our work, and try to invite him to help if possible.

i've tried to communicate with him in his native language (Turkish) in a Turkish Forum.. but he never replied back..

:S

Upvote 0
He uses his time for more important things than reading and answering emails, posts, tweets, ... :)

Imagine how many people tried to contact him...

i think that comment is a bit shallow Andronix to be fair

but anyway lets leave it, this is not about him and as someone else has said if we keep going round and round about him hes going to feel unwanted which isnt the case

Upvote 0
mustymod posted this on the modaco forum [UPDATED]: Samsung I7500 mustymod ROM (Android 2.0) - Android @ MoDaCo

After reading many forums about mustymod and me (some comments was about bitching over me, it's too sad) , I think i must explain some points:

First of all i didn't start mustymod for money or something else. I just wanted to have Android 2.0 on my galaxy.
After some progress at my project, i wanted to share it with other galaxy owners, because i think Samsung left us alone with our phones, at least i feel in this way.
Many people tried my rom and said "Great!", "Thanks!!!".. This was much enough to make happy almost every developer including me
I never asked people for "buy me a galaxy" or "donate me" and so i'll continue to develop.
But i got many messages which ask "where is donate button?" and i decided to put a donate button on forum.
Everything happened after that f*ckin paypal's way of behaving made me so much angry...
Anyway i still want my galaxy to eat eclair.. believe or not no matter...

That's the whole story

btw: i'm a fulltime worker and usually i can't have time to answer all messages (~400) in my inbox, sorry...

and [UPDATED]: Samsung I7500 mustymod ROM (Android 2.0) - Android @ MoDaCo
It's nice to see other devz without hope about eclair on galaxy working again..
Sorry but i'm not eligible to work with a team. this is just my hobby.. i've tried this with andromnia project until i brick my omnia (my nickname was sonique)

Upvote 0
well i take it back, however his comment looked like it was about money when he posted it.
Drakaz never asked anyone to buy him a galaxy or donate either
we chose to do it so i dont think its a comparison

it is a shame he cant work in a team though, i really do think working with Drakaz would produce amazing results

Upvote 0
He uses his time for more important things than reading and answering emails, posts, tweets, ... :)

Imagine how many people tried to contact him...

Be that as it may, why didn't he open the source? What's the reason for keeping it to himself? I just don't get it. What is he hiding?

Don't know about you, but for me it's the reason why my device will probably never see his ROM (even if fully functional).

Don't get me wrong. I commend him of his work and do appreciate it, especially as he proved that something which we though to be almost impossible to overcome is in fact doable, but until he opens the source I will not support him.

On the other hand, if someone knows for a fact that I'm wrong and that he did made the source publicly available somewhere I will be more than happy to donate somehow.

Upvote 0
Well, I can understand why he's not giving away the secret, being at the moment the only one in the world that is offering usable 2.0 port for galaxy. Let's hope drakaz found a way to overcome secure ril as well...

Oh it's clear now. He don't want to brick his galaxy by sharing code with others :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones