• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help smart phone that cant make.... CALLS

blair287

Aug 21, 2011
This is my 4th SGS2 it had been working fine to 3 weeks then today this mouring i wake up no signal i thought fine maybe network down i check my mobile broadband (same network) that works try sim in another phone that works. but the SGS2 says emergancy calls only all the time tried reset re flash nothing, this is a very buggy phone and when i get that chance i will be exchanging it for a sensation but anyone got any ideas?

I've only ever had that problem in one place. I've always had reception except the exact moment I step into one of my friends back garden and then nothing. Since I updated to the KH3 modem I now get reception but interent still doesnt work so atleast its a step in the right direction. I would suggest updating the modem if you havnt done so allready.

Upvote 0
please help

You are on your 4th SGSII...!

You are either the unluckiest SGSII owner alive or there is another, possibly external, problem.

Just a few questions:-

1) Is your phone rooted?

2) What firmware are you running? (type *#1234# into the dial pad to get 4 lines of info)

3) Are you using Juice Defender or a task killer on phone?

4) Have you checked your APN settings are correct and the right one selected? (Settings > Wireless and network > Mobile networks > Access point names)

5) Do you pick up your service provider on a manual search? (Settings > Wireless and network > Mobile networks > Network operators)

Upvote 0
well the first 2 wernt really faulty the wifi hotspot didnt work but samsung admitted it was a bug the 3rd one over heated all the time and this is my fourth, i have tried everything you suggested it is rooted and its on stock firmware 2.3.3, now im not getting a signal on any phone on this network, but my mobile broadband works and is same network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones