• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS Forwarding as MMS?

Danz0r

Lurker
May 4, 2010
Hi,

I've found a bug with the desire which is also well documented here, but even the Vodaphone staff don't know of a fix.
HTC Legend - sms sending as mms - Vodafone eForum

The link above is an issue with the Legend, but im fairly sure its the same problem with the desire.

Basically, I got a joke via text from a friend.. I wanted to send this to more friends, so i long-held the middle button on the message and pressed forward.. I added the names of who I wanted to send it to, and it sent. I then realised it had sent them as an MMS message! This will have cost me a fortune.

I checked I had not gone over the 160 character limit as mentioned in that thread.

Try it for yourselves, and see if you can work it out.

Dan

Hello!
I have the same problem, on Galaxy S2 - sms are forwarded as mms (even very short, even to one person).
Is there a solution within the settings of the device itself, or must I download an additional program? If yes, how to do this exactly?
Sorry, I'm a newbie to this.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones