• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SMS software with traditional folders?

friedrich72

Lurker
Jan 27, 2016
It seems that Android has no way to disable the threaded (conversation) view of sms messages in the default application? I would like to have "the traditional view" with inbox/outbox/drafts/saved folders and every message as an individual entry sorted by time. I know some people like the threaded view, and people in some countries seem to use text messages like im software, but I'd want the non-threaded view due to some technical reasons (automation systems sending texts from various numbers) and personal preference.

There used to be some good apps for this, and I seem to recall using Pansi SMS some time ago before the company forced me to use iPhone for a while. It seems the current version no longer supports this. Any recommendations for (at least somewhat) professional software with that option?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones