• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So I wasn't at first, but now I...

Yea, I have no issues with connection on the laptop at home. If I take both phone and laptop to my back porch, the laptop will connect fine while the phone has no bars at all and won't connect. This happens on my current one and happened on my previous unit. While the router isn't the greatest (Verizon FIOS), it does it's job.

And yes, Cisco acquired Linksys a while back.
Interesting. I don't usually pay attention to the bars, I think it's a known bug. But I do connect just fine. Sometimes it bounces to 3G but not too often. If you have both on it shouldn't be that much of a problem. But I would try another AP just for yucks. Maybe you can borrow one? I had FIOS and I really liked it. Wished I could get it here. You on WPA or WEP?

Upvote 0
Sorry I even bothered. I guess the forums of Android is no place to vent your frustration for a device that runs on Android :)

Moderators, if you would be so kind as to d'lete this thread.

Spanks very much...

You just figured this out now? Any forums you go to, whether it's iphone/blackberry/winmo, and you start spewing your frustration about their latest tech, you're going get flak for it. Unless the product is really really bad and it deserves it - which isn't the case here.

And seriously, finished software?? What does that mean?? I don't think I have ever seen such a thing.

Upvote 0
Gee...nice to see that the angry attacks here are just as bad as they were in the Droid forum when it first came out and anyone questioned it's beauty and perfection... :D

A forum is for talking about what you want to talk about related to the forum's subject area...people never seem to learn that if they don't want to hear what someone is saying, they just have to look away.

Don't let the b*st*rds get you down, OP... :)

P.S. Not saying everyone who replied here is being a jerk...you guys know who you are. ;)

Upvote 0
No one's saying the thing isn't flawed, it's just that when people come on here with nonsensical complaints (the software isn't "finished"?) that the flaming starts.

I, and I know others, have gladly said the Inc isn't for some people and that for some there are unforgivable flaws, but there's the flipside that not EVERY thread complaining about something is legitimate or reasonable.

Upvote 0
Android isn't for everyone, but I'd think that for MOST, not all, that do like Android HTC has arguably the best Android phone on the market. I know in my opinion it is, and IMHO Android is the best platform on the market. Will it always be this way? Hopefully not, competition in every market is important to drive innovation and customer satisfaction. iPhoneOS is probably the strongest competitor right now and I'd assume that Blackberry's will continue to lose market share.
Anyway, if you aren't happy return the phone. If the battery is the only issue, get a larger one. Aftermarket batteries are available and new high capacity OEM batteries should be available soon (according to rumors). I personally use the Seidio 1750 and while skeptical after seeing tests, I can honestly say that it has been a fantastic investment. I don't have any trouble making it through the day.

Upvote 0
I think if your phone is dying before work is over, either you've got something running that shouldn't be or you use it almost nonstop.

I work as a youth counselor, and when I'm on school shift most of my day involves sitting in a classroom puttering around while the kids do their work. As you can imagine, this means a LOT of Android-ing. After uninstalling Meebo and changing my Twitter refresh rate to 30 minutes I get an EASY ten hours despite using it pretty heavily.

Upvote 0
I am still considering returning mine. I drop calls in places my dumbphone never ONCE dropped calls. The camera lens cover being held on by double sided tape is pretty big. Hopefully that is some DAMN good tape that will hold for 2 years. Also as with any phone it will be in the pocket and dropped here and there. Not sure how this thing will hold up. I've seen some unlucky drops and cracked screens. I'm more than worried about that.

Upvote 0
I am still considering returning mine. I drop calls in places my dumbphone never ONCE dropped calls. The camera lens cover being held on by double sided tape is pretty big. Hopefully that is some DAMN good tape that will hold for 2 years. Also as with any phone it will be in the pocket and dropped here and there. Not sure how this thing will hold up. I've seen some unlucky drops and cracked screens. I'm more than worried about that.

If you have any doubt whatsoever, you should return the phone. The moment doubt enters your mind, it's over with. Just like with anything else in life really.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones