• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So lost in sauce - Gmail

It looks like that one stopped with Kit Kat (Android 4.3) So I'll assume you never went beyond that. What I think has happened is that settings app was updated and it broke the home screen shortcut. I've seen a few apps do this, but it's nothing to worry about.

If you can open your app drawer, you should be able to get to settings that way. Then you simply have to long press on the settings icon in the app drawer and then drop it back on your home screen.

Upvote 0
It looks like that one stopped with Kit Kat (Android 4.3) So I'll assume you never went beyond that. What I think has happened is that settings app was updated and it broke the home screen shortcut. I've seen a few apps do this, but it's nothing to worry about.

If you can open your app drawer, you should be able to get to settings that way. Then you simply have to long press on the settings icon in the app drawer and then drop it back on your home screen.

Thank you.
My apk files are grayed out disabled. How do I get them? I have been trying too.
Again thank you! :)

Upvote 0
Please explain exactly what you are doing when trying to get to your "apk" files. These are not your apps, but the installation archives you use to install the apps.

When I bought this phone. I was lied to. I was told it was New.
Well, it is not.
Clean master or something took away these files, 4 to 5 months ago.
I have been, self teaching a little.
Mostly making it worse. Lol.

Trying to put things back. At one point I shared files and lots of pple got into everything. I have a family member who is a programmer. I aM pretty sure he has done something.

Upvote 0
First, install root checker and see if your phone is rooted or not. If not, then I would advise backing up all your important data (which you should already be doing) and perform a factory reset. If it is rooted, then there is no telling what has been changed and you should find original factory firmware. I'm not familiar with this particular device so I can't tell you where you'd get that from.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones