1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

So when we eventually get 2.2 will.....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ISASoilder, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ISASoilder

ISASoilder Well-Known Member

Well we sill be able to switch or default search engines or..... ????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hrez2kx

hrez2kx Newbie

Yes. And if you root your phone, you can have it today.

3. Anthony2816

Anthony2816 Well-Known Member

Doubtful. My prediction is that for just about everything, we won't be able to tell the difference, except that maybe some Flash websites will work.

Or not.

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

you have the option to switch search engines for the homescreen widget and search key...bing, google, and yahoo. however the browser bar search will still default to bing no matter what. most of the root crowd just pulled the browser from the first leak which was full google anyway though

5. Blue218

Blue218 Android Enthusiast

Poor Kittens:[​IMG]

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

well since froyo is an "option" now...killing kittens is a bit overkill :cool:

7. ISASoilder

ISASoilder Well-Known Member

LOL poor cat, But anyway i think imma going to root after march if no update occurs, I would do it now but imma a lil nervous tell me is rooting as easy as jailbreaking because i accomplished that in 5minutes

8. Blue218

I guess it is an "option" but no "official" OTA version yet.....so does a kitten die every time someone mentions the 2.2 (froyo) update because there is an "unofficial" option for those rooted? Or does the horrible massacre continue until the "official" release?
    [​IMG]

9. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

fair enough...i will say though that anyone (aside from those with work issues) *can* root and upgrade...its just whether or not everyone feels confident to do so...so it is an option...though obviously not ideal (ideal being an official ota) :eek:

10. Blue218

LOL....I agree...I'm one of those guys that has the crummiest luck sooooo I'm trying to wait for the OTA....it is getting hard though.....I would like to root and drop all of the "bloat ware" from verizon......soon maybe.....
    [​IMG]

11. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

I had to remove the BING app for the search key to default to Google using 2.2.

12. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

So much for choice..........

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews