• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Software versions

WinstonSmith

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
Hi, at the risk of sounding stupid I have a quick question. I am running a Desire from T-Mobile (shows T logo on startup so think its branded) and the build and software number is still 1.15.110.11, firmware 2.1-update1. From what I can gather reading this forum is that I'm not running the latest version before froyo but when I manually search for updates it say that my phone is up to date. Am I missing an update and if so what do I do, also will that cause a problem when froyo reaches T-Mobile handsets?

Hi, at the risk of sounding stupid I have a quick question. I am running a Desire from T-Mobile (shows T logo on startup so think its branded) and the build and software number is still 1.15.110.11, firmware 2.1-update1. From what I can gather reading this forum is that I'm not running the latest version before froyo but when I manually search for updates it say that my phone is up to date. Am I missing an update and if so what do I do, also will that cause a problem when froyo reaches T-Mobile handsets?

As you are on a T-Mobile handset then you are up to date on their software.
The handsets you are finding on a newer update are unbranded & unlocked phones, these are also the first to get froyo as in today.
Branded handsets have to wait till the networks put their various software on the rom, these will update later in the year or when the networks deem fit.

Reactions: WinstonSmith
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones