• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SOLVED]No launcher/no debugging mode

mhrf90

Oct 30, 2011
Hey guys :) I just got myself a used Transform. This guy was selling it for only $120 because he thought it was broken. Turns out he tried to root and messed it up, so it wouldn't boot. I got it to boot with a factory reset, but the launcher crashes... Where can I find the stock files so I can get this to work?? I tried installing CWM and flash some other ROM but couldn't because I can't get to the options to turn on debugging mode either :( Will I have to wait for Odin to come out??? Thanks!

Is there any way to turn on debugging mode or get to the Market without a launcher?? Is it possible to push a launcher through ADB without debugging mode on? I never used ADB so I'm afraid to brick this phone real bad and lose $120... I hope Odin comes out soon

EDIT: Solution

Just in case anyone else is going through the same issue, I found a way to configure WiFi and add a Gmail account to be able to get to the market through Voice Search. Follow these steps:

-Bring notification menu down
-Hold camera button until camera apk opens
-Open a picture (take one if there's not any, duh)
-Share it through Gmail
-Add and account, it will fail to authenticate because you are offline, wait for it to give you an error and then it will give you the option to configure WiFi
-Once online, drop down the notification menu again and press and hold the search button
-When Voice Search opens, search for Market

Voice Search force closes for me :( Apparently the stock browser was also deleted with Titanium Backup. But this will work for you if you did not delete that.

EDIT2:
Email yourself a launcher apk or https://market.android.com/?hl=en :D!

If you can access the google account associated with the phone you can push apps to it by logging in to market from a computer and selecting install. Not sure if that will work but I'll cross my fingers for you.
Well this phone was not originally mine, and even if it was I did a factory reset meaning there's no Gmail account associated with it :( Thanks anyways :( Unless there's a way of turning on debugging or getting to the setting apk without a launcher, I'm screwed... I hope Odin comes out quickly, I wouldn't wanna miss out on such a good deal! (I paid $120 for it) There really isn't an update.zip to be able to go back to normal through the stock recovery console??

Upvote 0
When the phone boots try holding down the search button until the voice search comes up. If it does thats great say something random and when it opens the browser search the android market when you do so and you tap on the android market link your phone should ask you if you want to use the market application, choose the market. If it does do that and it opens the market search go launcher and when its done installing hit the home button and choose go launcher as your default launcher. The phone should be fine if you did all that, if not something else went wrong while rooting it.

Upvote 0
Just in case anyone else is going through the same issue, I found a way to configure WiFi and add a Gmail account to be able to get to the market through Voice Search. Follow these steps:

-Bring notification menu down
-Hold camera button until camera apk opens
-Open a picture (take one if there's not any, duh)
-Share it through Gmail
-Add and account, it will fail to authenticate because you are offline, wait for it to give you an error and then it will give you the option to configure WiFi
-Once online, drop down the notification menu again and press and hold the search button
-When Voice Search opens, search for Market
-You can figure the rest out :)

Reactions: Loota and DMajor239
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones