• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Song Association Game

"Time In A Bottle" - Jim Croce

Another song with a 'borrowed' introduction. The guitar into to me sounds like "Chim Chim Cher-ee" by Julie Andrews from "Mary Poppins".

Until the recent lawsuit crazy era, we musicians used to put little quotes from other people's music in our songs, and even in our jazz improvisations. The practice was very big in folk as well as jazz and pop. It was considered homage and not plagiarism, since it only referenced another work, and didn't affect the sales of the original work at all.

But I fear those fun days are now gone thanks to greedy people and their lawyers.

I could go on a minor rant here, but I'll spare y'all :D

Upvote 0
'Time In A Bottle' - Jim Croce

Another song with a 'borrowed' introduction. The guitar into to me sounds like 'Chim Chim Cher-ee' by Julie Andrews from 'Mary Poppins'.

Well, wow, that seems to be true. I just played both in my head (patents pending)
Jim Croce, taken too soon.

---------

Warm Beer and Cold Women - Tom Waits

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones