• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Song Association Game

Country Junkie - Kool & The Gang
Never got much Radio play. Radio censorship was normal in the 1970's. I played it on a college radio station late night with no problems but playing one Richard Pryor album and my career was over. I probably shouldn't have played it while i was subbing for the Classical music DJ in the afternoon.

Reactions: Zigman66
Upvote 0
You should have known better. I love classical music, but I know a lot of others who take these things way to seriously and have no sense of humor.

"Country Roads" - John Denver

We used to play that song on the Cruise Ships when it was popular. We'd first ask people if anyone here was from West Virginia??? Nobody would ever raise their hands, and I'd reply, "That's because nobody told them they could leave." (cue laughter at the expense of the nice people who live in WV).

Then I'd ask them to sing along and after "Almost heaven" substitute their own state, province or country. It worked well while the song was popular.

We don't do that one anymore, but it was fun in it's day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones