• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root soo sloooow

if youre running GB sense rom,thats another common issue. these roms are based on a buggy,pre-alpha leak. they have bad battery life,they charge slow,and they dont connect to "disc drive" without enabling "internet pass thru" for a few seconds first.

what works for most people is to reboot the phone while its charging. that usually speeds it up quite a bit :)

Upvote 0
if youre running GB sense rom,thats another common issue. these roms are based on a buggy,pre-alpha leak. they have bad battery life,they charge slow,and they dont connect to "disc drive" without enabling "internet pass thru" for a few seconds first.

what works for most people is to reboot the phone while its charging. that usually speeds it up quite a bit :)

this issue has been addressed with the newer kernels.:)

to the op flash the newest imoseyn kernel or dream kernel.;)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1099996

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
My thunderbolt takes forever to charge. And when I say forever I mean ill put it on the charger at night and in the morning it will be around 75-80 percent. If anyone knows a fix please fill me in.

I experience this problem also, especially when using my computer to charge my phone. One good solution I've found was using my wife's charger she has an LG Chocolate Touch, and what would normally take 3 hours to reach 50% (on a dead battery) takes only 1/3 of the time. Guess it must be the charger also who knows.

Upvote 0
My thunderbolt takes forever to charge. And when I say forever I mean ill put it on the charger at night and in the morning it will be around 75-80 percent. If anyone knows a fix please fill me in.

Flash a better ROM build. Sounds like yours is way outta date. Synergy by Virus rocks on the battery life end of things. Both on charging and life.

Upvote 0
I experience this problem also, especially when using my computer to charge my phone. One good solution I've found was using my wife's charger she has an LG Chocolate Touch, and what would normally take 3 hours to reach 50% (on a dead battery) takes only 1/3 of the time. Guess it must be the charger also who knows.

Charging by USB takes longer on any phone ; less current = slower charge.

To fix slow charging on a gingerbread rom flash a new kernel. Its really that simple.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones