• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spam text message and Spam Folder.

AndroidMax

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Hi,
Today I received a spam text to my phone from brianna@justcreatit.info. I notice that if I open my Messaging app, when I select Menu, one of the choices is "Spam messages". How do I use this feature? I want to tell the phone the texts from brianna@justcreatit.info are spam, but doing a long press on the text does not give me this option, nor does opening the text and using the menu to indicate it is Spam.

Anyone know how this "Spam messages" folder works?

Thanks!

on Gmail, you can open the message, press menu and "report spam" then that addy will always get spammed
uploadfromtaptalk1358321288566.jpg

Upvote 0
Will check blacklist out, but it does at least appear that the galaxy has some sort of native spam filtering because at the root of the messaging app, the menu brings up an option for Spam messages. I'd really like to figure out how it works before I install something else.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones