• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spare Parts: Like seeing inside the phone

cjberg

Lurker
Oct 15, 2009
Very useful app to help you see what is happening with your phone behind the scenes. I installed this in part to help me figure out what was going on with my battery life and awake time. My Hero was expierencing 100% awake time, and my battery life was awful. I had tried to use task killers, and even the stock Android 2.1 running process list, but nothing I did helped. I finally found out the cause of my issue, and believe it or not it was the stock calendar app. It was running 100% of the time since I last rebooted my phone. I was able to self-diagnose my problem and resolve it with the help of spare parts. In addition, there are a number of additional settings that can be controlled through this app, that may not be accessible through the Android settings menu.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones