• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaking of rebates...

I don't even check anynore, I've given up. Damn thing'll get here when it get's here.

I think it's an insult to every customer of theirs they jerk around with these rebates and a completely asinine business idea. (Customer wise)

But I tell you whut rat now, you let damn day *1* past that damn 3 months show up Without me having that rebate card and I'm going to become one Hugh Jass burning bag of dog crap on Metro's front doorstep. :smokingsomb:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
I am sick and tired of seeing this damn screen not changing!!!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367001581425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367001581425.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0
For all the rebate non-believers....

Arrived today. :D

rebate.jpg

Like I said in a previous post, just mail the sh!t in and don't bother checking up on it. Let it arrive like a nice little surprise. ;)

Bam! Bitcheeeeeeeeeeeees LOL :rofl: :) :D ;)

I got mine in the mail yesterday, I guess they received mine and didn't know. All this time the website has said they never got it.

Now the question is what to spend it on

Upvote 0
I got mine in the mail yesterday, I guess they received mine and didn't know. All this time the website has said they never got it.

Now the question is what to spend it on

i don't get it, i sent mine out the first day the phone came out. people that bought the phone after me shouldn't be getting it first. I talked with their people and they said mine wont be sent out till the end of may. its bull. this is a great way to loose customers.:mad:

Upvote 0
I've been dealing with these Metro clowns for over 6+ years and I can tell you first hand that their management sucks. However they will get you your rebate.

Don't let the time frame discourage you because in the end you'll still have your money.

key word there is MY money, this whole mail in rebate, jump through hoops sh. is stupid. this made me remember why i never buy anything on mail in rip offs. they sure know how to get their money up front but don't know how to get your money back to you in a timely manor. I've been with metro since i was 19/20 I'm now 37. So i know about dealing with them. and I'm sick of it. They selling out to t-mobile has made me even more disgusted with them. I see Version in my future.

Upvote 0
key word there is MY money, this whole mail in rebate, jump through hoops sh. is stupid. this made me remember why i never buy anything on mail in rip offs. they sure know hwo to get their money up front but don't know how to get your money back to you in a timely manor. I've been with metro since i was 19/20 I'm now 37. So i know about dealing with them. and I'm sick of it. They selling out to t-mobile has made me even more disgusted with them. I see Version in my future.
Dang sh!t went sour! :eek:

Verizon is your best bet than. Best service. ;)

Upvote 0
Am I the only person that is actually happy with MetroPCS? I certainly don't miss paying $108 a month for 2gb of 3g.

I do miss the unlocked bootloader however. Lol

I use to be, till those jack off's sold out to god awful t-mobile and jerking us around with mail in rebates.

I am happy enough and look forward to mobettaness with TMo.

Every company that does MIR jerks their customers around, Metro is just Particularly Good at it. It's $70, not the end of my fiscal life and it WILL get here sooner or later. It's just Not Worth gettin' all up in high G over. :rolleyes:

With Verizon I was grandfathered in with Unlimited Data but 450 min, 250 text a month and data was $85 a month. Eff that. Eff Verizon.

I had a 3G phone with them, I'm getting better data speeds now and Unlimited Everything for about 40% less a month. My call quality is much better with Metro/the Spirit than with VZN and my DroidX. Of course, Metro CS could be better but there are more than sufficient "work arounds" for that.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
I am happy enough and look forward to mobettaness with TMo.

Every company that does MIR jerks their customers around, Metro is just Particularly Good at it. It's $70, not the end of my fiscal life and it WILL get here sooner or later. It's just Not Worth gettin' all up in high G over. :rolleyes:

With Verizon I was grandfathered in with Unlimited Data but 450 min, 250 text a month and data was $85 a month. Eff that. Eff Verizon.

I had a 3G phone with them, I'm getting better data speeds now and Unlimited Everything for about 40% less a month. My call quality is much better with Metro/the Spirit than with VZN and my DroidX. Of course, Metro CS could be better but there are more than sufficient "work arounds" for that.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

we'll see what you say when metro is dead and t-mobile takes over fully and kills it all

Upvote 0
we'll see what you say when metro is dead and t-mobile takes over fully and kills it all

Not only is there not the slightest scintilla of information about the merger that would point to that, there's LOTS that says that's not the way it'll be.

Your mind's made up. I get it.

I wouldn't even begin to consider your opinion in the majority though.

(Besides, does it even matter? The way the companies will look going into 2015 is already fully defined. That's over two years from now. It would be longer than that before Anyone could fully kill off the combined companies if they tried to. A lot happens in this industry in 2-3 years, changes will happen to all the carriers in 2-3 years, merger or not.)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
Not only is there not the slightest scintilla of information about the merger that would point to that, there's LOTS that says that's not the way it'll be.

Your mind's made up. I get it.

I wouldn't even begin to consider your opinion in the majority though.

(Besides, does it even matter? The way the companies will look going into 2015 is already fully defined. That's over two years from now. It would be longer than that before Anyone could fully kill off the combined companies if they tried to. A lot happens in this industry in 2-3 years, changes will happen to all the carriers in 2-3 years, merger or not.)

Bruce in Ocala, FL

actually it does. their plan is to dissolve metro pcs for the most. move everyone over to their network and by 2015 shut down metros cdma network all together. The "new" company will be called T Mobile.

we will all see what they do in the next few years.;)
Reference

:http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57526200-94/what-t-mobiles-merger-with-metropcs-means-to-you-faq/

Quote: The way it will work, according to the plan outlined by T-Mobile, is that the LTE service will run on AWS spectrum that is combined from T-Mobile and MetroPCS. And the new T-Mobile will use its and MetroPCS's PCS spectrum to deliver HSPA+ service. MetroPCS's current CDMA network will be phased out by the end of 2015.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I'm not swayed in the least by your own personal case of Metro hate. What you'd like to see happen doesn't have any effect on what they've already said Will happen.

They've made it clear both companies will stay separate companies.

No one else anywhere has said this except you.

Believe whatever BS you can imagine. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones