• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[SPOILERS] Walking Dead Discussion

Yeah, I forgot that guy's name (Morgan?) but it's weird how they just have him "wandering around" at the end of a few episodes to pique our interest. And how the heck did he get un-crazy from the episode where they met up with him? Guess we have to wait until next year for more with him.

Oh, on The Talking Dead they're talking about how Rick was at the beginning of the episode "I told you to stop!" - I thought that showed how huge of a change has taken place in him by how he reacted to that guy.

Upvote 0
I figured Beth was gone, but it was still a shock the moment it happened. Sad to see her go, she was a good character, but people have to die on this show. Rick flat-out murdered that cop. Not sure how he comes back from that. This was a good episode, best one so far this year. Honestly, I've been disappointed with this season so far before this episode. Hoping for improvement in the second half.

Upvote 0
I was actually sadder to see her gone after the Talking Dead last night, because she was on there & got emotional, then I started feeling a little sad that they killed her off. I never really felt like she was a very interesting/useful character on the show so killing her character didn't really bother me.

I never liked Dale either... maybe I'm just cold-hearted o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was sad watching Beth die, even though you knew it was going to happen. Just as they're developing her character. Glad Kim Dawn Un got capped by Daryl though. Hopefully he's come out of his no-kill trance for good.

Rick's a total BA. Loved when he ran down Bob and killed him. But also showed that he has humanity too when he invited the people to come join his group.

I was really disappointed when Michonne and Carl let Gabriel back into the church.

Upvote 0
I was really disappointed when Michonne and Carl let Gabriel back into the church.

Another forum I follow a WD discussion on refers to him as "DammitCarl", which I thought was pretty funny when I read that earlier tonight.

But I really thought it was a dumb move on their part to let Gabriel back in, they didn't have any idea how many walkers or even what was chasing him! Since there were just the 2 of them with Judith I think it was a super foolish thing to do & could have gotten them all killed. I was surprised to see Carl frantically trying to get the door open when he's the same kid who killed a guy in the woods in cold blood, just a couple seasons ago. Kid must be growing up a little.

Upvote 0
I was actually sadder to see her gone after the Talking Dead last night, because she was on there & got emotional, then I started feeling a little sad that they killed her off. I never really felt like she was a very interesting/useful character on the show so killing her character didn't really bother me.

I never liked Dale either... maybe I'm just cold-hearted o_O
Yes, you're cold-hearted lol.

Upvote 0
Yes, you're cold-hearted lol.
:( I'm really not... I just thought Dale was way too "holier-than-thou" annoying, & Beth's character just didn't seem very interesting to me.

I used to think they really needed to kill Carl off because he was such a brat... but he doesn't annoy me now like he used to, he seems to have some heart now & smartened up a bit.

Upvote 0
:( I'm really not... I just thought Dale was way too "holier-than-thou" annoying, & Beth's character just didn't seem very interesting to me.

I used to think they really needed to kill Carl off because he was such a brat... but he doesn't annoy me now like he used to, he seems to have some heart now & smartened up a bit.
I used to like Dale until I rewatched the series. He was so damn irritating. Andrea level irritating.

I used to hate Carl, but he really improved during season 4. Michonne was the best thing to happen to him. I really want to see a Rick-Michonne relationship.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
WZa8UVg.png

Upvote 0

Don't be sad. I was just joking lol. Yeah, I agree that Dale was annoying at times. I know a lot of people weren't into Beth. I always liked her character. ....especially since season 4. She was such an angel. Maybe I just had a soft spot for her.

Upvote 0
Ready for the second half to start tonight, hoping it's better than the first. IMO, this has been the worst season so far, by far. The writing has been just horrible, with characters doing things that make no sense, that they would never do. Why spend all this time developing characters, then throw it all away by making them do random things? For example, Rick, after his big "we all get to come back from the bad things we've done" speech to the Governor, runs down a cop for no reason and murders him. Carol the survivor runs out in front of the only car within 500 miles lol. Meek little Beth decides to stab the leader of the hospital literally in the middle of two heavily armed groups, Sasha who has trouble trusting anybody turns her back on an enemy just because he's named Bob.
Really hope the second half improves or they should throw out the writers and especially the showrunner and start over.

Upvote 0
Especially when he knew there was at least one in the house! It's amazing that after all this time they wouldn't constantly be on high alert when in unfamiliar surroundings.

The other thing is, you have to remember how quiet a world without electricity and machinery running all the time is. We've all had the power go out, or been way out in the woods. It's quiet. Zombies aren't exactly stealthy lol. Same as when Carol got hit by that car. No way she wouldn't have heard that coming.

RIP Tyreese.
For a former NFL player, he gets outrun by a gimpy kid pretty easily lol.

Upvote 0
Ready for the second half to start tonight, hoping it's better than the first. IMO, this has been the worst season so far, by far. The writing has been just horrible, with characters doing things that make no sense, that they would never do. Why spend all this time developing characters, then throw it all away by making them do random things? For example, Rick, after his big "we all get to come back from the bad things we've done" speech to the Governor, runs down a cop for no reason and murders him. Carol the survivor runs out in front of the only car within 500 miles lol. Meek little Beth decides to stab the leader of the hospital literally in the middle of two heavily armed groups, Sasha who has trouble trusting anybody turns her back on an enemy just because he's named Bob.
Really hope the second half improves or they should throw out the writers and especially the showrunner and start over.

The first half has been great. Current Rick is not a derailment of his character development, it's the culmination of it. Rick's speech to the Governor was pre-ZA Rick speaking. The one who made poor choices because he thought things could be the same. Season 5 Rick is a Rick who is still merciful when he can be(not slaughtering the hospital group), but decisive when he must be. He's learned from missteps in the past that hurt the group.

Ok, I've said it before, but how in the hell do zombies sneak up behind people all the time?

I've long wondered the same thing. Maybe they're all deaf from shooting so much without ear protection. :p

Not a terrible episode, could have done without half the show being a hallucinatory death scene.

Yes and no. It dragged on too long and wasted time that we could have spent watching Rick & Michonne stab/slash/shoot things, but at the same time I enjoyed seeing David Morissey back on screen. Easily one of the best actors of the entire show.

Upvote 0
The first half has been great. Current Rick is not a derailment of his character development, it's the culmination of it. Rick's speech to the Governor was pre-ZA Rick speaking. The one who made poor choices because he thought things could be the same. Season 5 Rick is a Rick who is still merciful when he can be(not slaughtering the hospital group), but decisive when he must be. He's learned from missteps in the past that hurt the group.

I've long wondered the same thing. Maybe they're all deaf from shooting so much without ear protection. :p

Yes and no. It dragged on too long and wasted time that we could have spent watching Rick & Michonne stab/slash/shoot things, but at the same time I enjoyed seeing David Morissey back on screen. Easily one of the best actors of the entire show.
Rick would always kill to protect the group. The cop was no threat at all. He was handcuffed with no real chance of getting away. Rick could have easily just brought him back. Like they always ask new people "how many people have you killed and why?", how could Rick explain that one? He straight out murdered a cop.

After thinking on it some, I like the last episode a bit more, considering it as one of those stand alone episodes that is different from the typical show.

I've thought that about their hearing quite a few times, it seems like they're always firing guns right next to somebody's ear lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones