• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sprint 4.0.4 Stock ROM

txbradlem

Lurker
Nov 27, 2015
Does anyone have the stock rom for a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE (Sprint)? I tried installing the only rom I could find from a link in the instructions on this site and it failed. I'm pretty sure it failed because it was the tmobile version, not the Sprint version, but I cannot, for the life of me, find the Sprint stock ROM anywhere on the internet! Seems hard to believe.

If you have a link to this ROM, please let me know - I would very much appreciate it! I need to flash my currently soft-bricked phone using Odin (so if it's already tar gz format, that would be even better).

Welcome to our AndroidForums, @txbradlem :).

I've moved your thread over here to the SG Victory 4G LTE root area for you as I'm guessing it's more likely the root folks would know where or would have a location to get the stock ROM you're looking for.

Do you care what version of Android it's for? (they might ask for that information, too)

[doh!, I just realized you had that info in the title ;)]

Cheers!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Welcome to our AndroidForums, @txbradlem :).

I've moved your thread over here to the SG Victory 4G LTE root area for you as I'm guessing it's more likely the root folks would know where or would have a location to get the stock ROM you're looking for.

Do you care what version of Android it's for? (they might ask for that information, too)

Cheers!
Thank you!

I don't have a preference on the version, specifically. I said 4.0.4 just because I figured it was the easiest way to get the phone working. Eventually I'll try to upgrade to the latest (4.1.2 I think?)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
OK, I'm a step further. I found a Sprint version here that I used Odin to restore to:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/34292/L300VPBND4_L300SPRBND4_SPR/

It's actually version 4.1.2, but that's fine with me. This time I was able to make it through the entire ROM re-write, but whenever I boot it gets stuck at the yellow sprint screen. I feel like I'm closer, but I really don't know what to do at this point.

For background, this is a FreedomPop phone that I bought for my 11 year old son. We were very unhappy with FreedomPop, so I signed this phone up with Ringplus instead. But I didn't like the FreedomPop firmware so that's why I tried the original change to a standard Sprint ROM. Any help that anyone could give would be much appreciated!

Upvote 0
The Odin flash should have done the trick. Maybe a factory reset in recovery will help.
From a powered off state, hold power+home+volume up. Should boot to recovery. Use volume buttons to navigate down to factory reset/wipe data. Select it by pressing the power button.
Huh - well, that did it! It still took a couple of times rebooting and I also pulled out the battery for a few minutes and held the power for 10 seconds during that. I'm not sure which thing fixed it, but it finally booted up for me.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Huh - well, that did it! It still took a couple of times rebooting and I also pulled out the battery for a few minutes and held the power for 10 seconds during that. I'm not sure which thing fixed it, but it finally booted up for me.

Thanks for the help!
About 75% of the time you need a factory reset after odin flashing firmware. Sometimes not, but the problem you had was pretty standard call for a factory reset. Glad you got it.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I have the same Freedompop phone. Tried to use samsung Kies first and the flash was not successful. Tried to go to this method to use odin to flash the stock rom, it was successful, but it won't boot up. It is stuck on the yellow sprint logo screen logo. Any idea on what I should do? I can flash twrp, maybe if someone has a good backup instead of a whole clean rom and I can flash your backup? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I have the same Freedompop phone. Tried to use samsung Kies first and the flash was not successful. Tried to go to this method to use odin to flash the stock rom, it was successful, but it won't boot up. It is stuck on the yellow sprint logo screen logo. Any idea on what I should do? I can flash twrp, maybe if someone has a good backup instead of a whole clean rom and I can flash your backup? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones