• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint buy back program makes evo even less!

evoman2be913

May 16, 2010
I am not sure if you guys know this or not but rather than waiting to sell our phones on ebay or craigslist, we can send it back to sprint and receive a sprint credit. I just checked on my palm pre and even though it isn't much (it's $63) at least I won't have to worry about selling it on ebay and paying for shipping.

Here is the link:

https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/

Reactions: twospirits
Sprint will give me $70 for my BB Tour. They are going for $165 used on ebay. I can put it on Ebay, buy-it-now for $150, and it'll be gone quick.

Not saying in some cases ebay wouldn't be a better option, especially with a phone like yours, but for some who have older phones the sprint buyback program might be a better approach.

Upvote 0
I plan on selling my unlocked TP2 on craiglist. No shipping to deal with and you don't have to worry about getting scammed since you are paid in cash. I've sold a few this way and prefer it over ebay. I usually meet the person at a Sprint store, so they can activate it on the spot. Minimizes the risk since you are meeting in a public place and the buyer can't say you sold them a phone with a bad ESN.

Upvote 0
Per Sprint's Buyback Program website as of now, the max buyback prices:

HTC Touch Pro: $53
HTC Touch Pro2: $82
HTC Touch Pro2 (GSM): $89.80
Samsung Moment: $90
HTC Hero: $80
HTC Hero G2: $84.28
Palm Pre: $63
Palm Pre Plus (Verizon/AT&T): $89.80

RS max prices. LOL
BB Curve 8530: $75.80
Touch Pro: $54.66
Touch Pro 2: $142.39!!!
Hero: $110.13
Pre:$72
Samsung Moment: $107.16!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Think I still rather ebay it since I also have a touchstone charger I can sell with the Pre.

I have a Touchstone, too. I can't really sell my Pre on eBay, though, because it has a small crack in the USB area. Grr! I'll probably end up giving my Touchstone to a friend of mine w/ a Pre who doesn't have the Touchstone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones