1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Sprint/Cricket] [Q] Can't receive MMS after flashing to Virgin Mobile. APN fix doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GorillaX, Dec 19, 2013.

1. GorillaX

GorillaX Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2013
    Hi guys,

So I bought a Sprint Galaxy S3 about a year ago and (thanks to this forum) got it flashed over to Virgin Mobile running CM10. For the past year, everything has worked great, EXCEPT I can't receive any MMS. I can send them just fine, but if someone sends me one, I don't get anything. I have tried manually changing the APN settings in Go SMS and applying the APN fix using APN backup and restore, but still no dice. I've just kind of lived with it thus far, but now it's getting kind of old.

After searching the vast interwebs, I haven't been able to find any alternative solutions- most people seem to have problems sending but not receiving. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. jdsingle76

jdsingle76 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2012
    Male
    USMC
    TN
    Have you tried getting your MSL code, flashing a TW rom, getting into the hidden menu(##3282#), edit, others, mmsc url, and changing your url that way? That should work. Google the mmsc url for VM. I have seen it in several threads. Good luck!

3. GorillaX

GorillaX Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what a TW rom is, but I just checked my mmsc url and it's already set to the virgin mobile url

4. GorillaX

GorillaX Lurker
    None

Dec 19, 2013
    Any other ideas??

5. jdsingle76

jdsingle76 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2012
    Male
    USMC
    TN
    TW means Touchwiz, meaning a non CM or AOSP rom. If you're on Sprint, check out a stock 4.3 build to see if that fixes the issue. If it does, you know it's the rom, or at the very least a setting in your phone that's conflicting with your mms.