• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have a little icon that seems to be blinking most of the time. It looks like a little UFO or a android robot with signal bars on top. It is located over the signal bar indicator. I think you can see it in this picture. Anyone know what it is?

viewer

Can you post a screenshot? What you posted is not showing up...

(Just checked the URL for the icon that is not showing up. It's a picasaweb.google.com URL. That must be a private photo in your Google+ account and probably only you can see it. Try attaching the photo to the post...)

Upvote 0
Maybe you have a neighbor who has one?

I have a couple network extenders. They have a 45 foot signal radius (depending on obstructions and what they're made of). So depending how close he is to his neighbor (he didn't specify if he was in an apartment or house) it's very possible he's getting signal from them. If he can find out who has it, Verizon said there is a way to reduce the signal so it doesn't interfere with neighbors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones