• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stereo Bluetooth headsets and N1

androidtx

Jun 13, 2009
I have a Moto stereo BT headset, and find that I am having an almost impossible time of pairing it. It works to make calls, but I can never get the media sound to come through, even though it says it is connected, I think it has maybe worked twice, with constant turning off and on of both BT on the N1 and the headset.

I noticed I had a lot of problems with my G1 sometimes, but nothing this extreme, the most it would take with the G1 is 1 or 2 tries. The first time I tried it with the N1 it worked perfect, and figured it had finally been fixed, but ever since it is more of a nightmare than ever.

Anyone else have any experience with this, and can offer some tips?

I have the Rockfish stereo headset and the sync was almost seamless. make sure the Motorola supports the A2DP profile and when it actually is connected, make sure the profile shows up as media audio (under settings > wireless and network > bluetooth). if it isn't, delete the device and try to sync again.

Just fyi, my biggest issues is when it was paired with more than 2 devices and they both were in range, I had to turn off one or the other before it would work right.

hope it helps some.

Upvote 0
Once it is paired, and you can see the device in your bluetooth settings, click-hold on the device and choose "Options...". Under Profiles, choose "Media" (check "Use for media audio"). Uncheck "Phone" (the "use for phone audio").

This is an AWESOME FEATURE. I have my car stereo connected for A2DP audio, and bluetoth headset SIMULTANEOUSLY connected for calls. It's perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones