• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock Apps?

I read that the HTC 10 will get rid of alot of duplicate apps, however will it still have the good old stock HTC mail, weather and clock apps?

Yes it will, also messages. (i think) phandroid had a short hands on where they mentioned it.

I feel like calendar may still be there. But at that point, what exactly are they leaving off? The dialer? I really like the HTC calendar widget

Reactions: kevindroid
Upvote 0
So quick update. Had to sideboard HTC gallery, not using Google photos as a replacement, no way.
Yeah luckily I've managed to find APK files for all of the other widgets and apps.

Do you have a link to the version of Gallery that you use? My current one won't delete picture and wont allow me to move photos to the memory card.

Reactions: sobieski966
Upvote 0
Where do you find APK files for other HTC apps? I have an HTC One Max as my old phone. I want Music, Gallery, Calendar, and maybe some others. Any direction would be great. How do you sideboard APK files? Thanks!

You should be able to get most, if not all, from the Google Play Store.

HTC has been releasing their apps in the store for a while now, to better update in a timely manner.

If they're not there, try www.apkmirror.com , it's a safe site for apps & they do not list anything malicious, or, pirated content.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
@BadMedicine
As for side-loading apks from outside the Play Store,once you d/l the .apk,you get a prompt asking if it OK to download from"Unknown Sources".
This setting is listed in the security section of the general settings for the device,if you want to take care of this beforehand.
Again,it's up to you if you want to load apps outside of the Google Play Store,or,direct from HTC.
FWIW,you also have to OK this option to use Amazon's Appstore,which is commonly known to be safe,so,if this is the 1st time you've side-loaded an app/ .apk,the main gist is whether you trust the source,just as you would on a PC/etc.......

Reactions: BadMedicine
Upvote 0
Yeah luckily I've managed to find APK files for all of the other widgets and apps.

Do you have a link to the version of Gallery that you use? My current one won't delete picture and wont allow me to move photos to the memory card.

Got it from apkmirror, newest version.

But... It still is limiting me as far as deleting folders on card, though I have been able to move things around. Android has been limiting the ability to delete/write to SD cards lately it seems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones