1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stock Email app doesn't work offline

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickc71, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nickc71

nickc71 Member
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    I tried to use the stock email app offline while on a plane today and it would let me read and reply. But it wouldn't let me move messages or delete them, I would get the following message: Network unavailable, please try again later.

Does anybody know why this is? The gmail app works fine offline in this manner as does my other android phone email apps I've used.

I got the same messages for both a Gmail and an exchange account while offline in this app.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    A POP3 account stores messages on the phone, so you don't have to be online to move or delete them (but you can't get new ones or send any). An IMAP account keeps messages on the server, so you have to be online to do anythng with them.

Evidently your stock app is set as an IMAP account and your Gmail app is set as a POP3 account. That's usually set automatically by the server when you first set up the account, and you have to set it up manually of you want to change it.

KOLIO likes this.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: