• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stock email not showing "automatic (push)" as an option

kkrathi

Sep 21, 2010
I was able to successfully configure the stock email app on my android phone (Samsung Captivate). However when I went to "Email check frequency" in the settings to enable push, it did not allow me to do so. According to Android, there is an option in this setting called "Automatic (push)" other than polling options. In my case I just had polling options like "5 mts", "10 mts", "Never", and so on. But I don't have the "automatic push" option!

I checked in with my system admin. He said that they have enabled push from their end. In fact, we are on the corporate email of Google apps. So it is like a gmail except that it has my corporate email address. So this should have been a piece of cake, no??

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones