1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Stop Syncing with Google Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ahenobarb, Sep 6, 2010.

1. ahenobarb

ahenobarb Member

Sep 6, 2010
    How do I stop My Samsung Galaxy S from syncing my Google "contacts"? These aren't really even contacts, just a random collection of fools I've received emails from or sent to at one point.

Like the lady at the front desk of a hotel I stayed at 7 years ago who emailed me a confirmation. Sheesh! Can't I sever connection with this person for good?

How do I turn this madness off?

Advertisement

2. hit contacts => menu => display options => tick 'Only contacts with phones'

sorted

3. ahenobarb

ahenobarb Member

Sep 6, 2010
    :) Ah, serenity now!

4. johan45333333

johan45333333 New Member

Mar 18, 2011
    That works indeed fine for the normal contact directory, however if you start a new message and you click the contact button there, you still see all these email adresses appear from the previous gmail link. So my question is, how do I delete the gmail contacts from my messages contact list (not the phone list, this one is fine)?
    Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

5. luckystar23

luckystar23 New Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Hi johan45333333 did you ever work out how to stop this? I now have this problem too - my contacts list is as I want it (showing only the contacts I want it to) but when I go into contacts via messaging it shows all of my contacts - including facebook contacts - which I dont want it to. It also brings up two copies of the same mobile number for each contact in messaging. Anybody work out how to fix this? :thinking:

6. jvik

jvik New Member

Jun 12, 2011
    +1 for that. This seriously pisses me off. I'll have to stop using Google Contact sync.