• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Storage space running out

l3vz1m1n

Lurker
Oct 31, 2014
Hello, I have a Samsung galaxy s2, running cyanogenmod. I have been having the 'Storage space runnning out' problem for a very long time. At first I started deleting apps, but the space would not get updated. Later I realized that all my apps together take about 150 MB. They are not even close to reaching 1.97 GB. I looked into the problem and found out that the data/log folder was filled with hundreds of files (some where a few kb, others above 50 MB). I deleted them all (select all => delete selection) but the space was not updated! I tried going into recovery mode and wiping cache and davlik cache and it doesn't work. Right now I have 0-2 MB of storage space (it changes when I try to delete some things), what do I do? Thanks in advance, I hope you'll help me. I would like to avoid a factory reset, but if there's no other option I'll do it.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I see your having problems with space and trying to avoid a factory reset. A reset is good to do it will clean the device and provide space to use . Now it is one that I Dont see . MOVING APPS NOT USED FROM SYSTEM TO THE SD CARD.yes you can move apps to the SD card this will provide space to use . But if you really want to make space move the Facebook app if using this is one space HOGGER . Try moving apps and please Dont put SYSTEM APPS ON SD CARD.

Upvote 0
Ok guys, so I did these 3 things, one of them must have solved the problem:

1. I went into recovery mod and wiped the cache and divlock cache. (this one didn't directly help, but might have had some effect).

2. I started deleting any non necessary apps I had. I did this to free up some space an install CCleaner, but I think that it might have helped the phone 'realize' that there is more available space than it shows.

3. I ran the terminal with the next commands (Break line \ enter after each):

• su
  • cd /data/log
  • rm *
JUST MAKE SURE you don't accidentaly cd to another directory (cd means navigation)

4. I downloaded CCleaner (It didn't let me install it at first, but I tried the next day and it worked) and ran it's cleaner.

I have free 1.4 GB of space. I suspect that the 600 MB used are still incorrect, but at least I have some space to use not (I had 1 MB before).

Thank you guys!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones