• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck in Boot loop, and can't get into recovery..

So... I've been running Kangerade since shortly after it came out... And loving it.. Yet today I saw my phone was rebooting - and waited (figured it over heated or some such..) and waited... And waited... That android boot image does stop being cute after a while...

Crap.. Just cycling... Go into recovery... Umm.. No seriously.. Go into recovery.... Go on.... Nope. (apparently latest ROM MAnager screwed up CWmod..)

So... Can't load my phone... Can't restore backup..

Let me tell you how happy i am at the moment...

Glad you're getting things going again.

CM has been having issues since the 2.2 leaks appeared...something between 2.2 and CM Recovery and/or ROM Manager doesn't seem to work well together. The current solution - flashing back to another recovery version and then to the current CM Recovery works almost every time, but obviously not an option in your case.

Unfortunately, until 2.2 source is released the CM folks may not be putting too much time into making sure that 2.2 and their recovery/ROM Manager play well together.

Upvote 0
IF anyone has any ideas - I would really appreciate it!!!

I think I have just become a huge fan of SPR, and completly against CW..

this isnt that big a problem. Just use RSD Lite and flash the SPR sbf file and you will have a recovery back without losing any data or anything.

Also this lose of the ability is not something that is clockwork recovery's fault. Its an issue with flashing the recovery that sometimes causes it not to work. It happens to me every time I flash spr. If you wanna be safe then just reboot into recovery after you flash a new one before changing anything on your phone.

Upvote 0
I held up the dpad when booting the phone, and then did the spr sbf file - then reloaded my last SPR backup. (I make a point to periodically do one from SPR even though I use CM usually - "just in case")

AND it was even a 2.2 backup.. So, all I lost was the "kangerade" and wenty back to the 2nd FRF57 leak.. its all good ;)

Hm... Do I try Kangerade again - and use a different kernel... or just avoid both the kernel I uses and Kangerade.. I'd hate to lose the joy of Jimmy's latest creation..

I just would like to know why it did this after running Kang for so long.. odd.

Upvote 0
I held up the dpad when booting the phone, and then did the spr sbf file - then reloaded my last SPR backup. (I make a point to periodically do one from SPR even though I use CM usually - "just in case")

AND it was even a 2.2 backup.. So, all I lost was the "kangerade" and wenty back to the 2nd FRF57 leak.. its all good ;)

Hm... Do I try Kangerade again - and use a different kernel... or just avoid both the kernel I uses and Kangerade.. I'd hate to lose the joy of Jimmy's latest creation..

I just would like to know why it did this after running Kang for so long.. odd.

Well not being able to get into recovery was probably caused because you flashed a different recovery. Your boot could be caused by so many things its not funny. If you havent changed anything on the phone then it certainly is odd but not unheard of.

Upvote 0
i'm having some trouble somewhat similar, but different from the above. I went through the install process for kangerade, let it do its thing, but the furthest its gotten was the green stencil-> blue droid guy with the words froyo 2.2 on it. it just cycles that indefinitely. any suggestions?

i was able to get it into the bootloader, with USB transfer mode but i have no clue what to do from here. help!

Upvote 0
i'm having some trouble somewhat similar, but different from the above. I went through the install process for kangerade, let it do its thing, but the furthest its gotten was the green stencil-> blue droid guy with the words froyo 2.2 on it. it just cycles that indefinitely. any suggestions?

i was able to get it into the bootloader, with USB transfer mode but i have no clue what to do from here. help!

How long did you wait? It can take quite awhile when it boots up the first time...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones