• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on boot screen after attempted flash, Tab 2 10.1 , Help

I got bored of my now aging Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 and decided to try and flash it to CM 10.1 . in hopes of a speed boost. I had never flashed before But these are the steeps i followed.

First i rooted device through Kingo Root aplication, No problems there.

Then i got Odin Mobile from the app store . I put these 3 files on my device .

E4GT-EL29-directbootCWM-v3.tar.md5
CM 10.1 ROM 4.2.2 JB
CM 10.1 Gapps zip

taken from here

http://www.thefortressofnerditude.com/cyanogenmod-10-1-jellybean-4-2-2-instructionsdownload-links/

Then in ODIN Mobile in the section that says kernal i loaded the first file and clicked flash firmware, basically following the exact steps in this vid up untill the 5.00 min mark

but instead of rebooting into clock work recovery the table rebooted and then stalled on the samsung logo, where it remained, even if i reboot . samsung comes up on screen and it stays there.

i can reboot into what i think is recovery mode where i have some options i tried selecting "wipe data/factory reset" but the problem still persisted .

I have no idea how to proceed from here. Can someone please help me recover my tablet to its original state.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones