• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck on FRP, how to identify owner account?

Orion8888

Lurker
Nov 21, 2019
I have serveral Samsung S7 phones for business. an employee broke the screen on one, so was given another one to swap out. the employee had trouble with the screen unlock, and rather than ask for help, took it to the verizon store, which took the sim card out of the working phone and threw it away, then put the sim card from the phone with a broken screen into the working phone, and did a factory reset...

Now I can not use the phone, and I can not figure out what google thinks is the original account for this phone to get past the FRP during setup because I don't have the sim card that was in it.

I am looking for any information on how to look at anything on the phone, or a way to contact someone at verizon,samsung, or google that can tell me the account that the phone is looking for. I have tried many different accounts that I thought it could be, but after giving proper email/password it flashes on the screen to use an owner account for the phone and starts the process over.

I have tried following several FRP bypass methods, but apparently this phone is updated to latest security and none of them work so far.

All I really need is a way to know what account it wants me to log in with.

Any help is appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones