• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype avail for Eris

So I scanned the bar code and downloaded it. It was a different way to type, but its really overhyped. I personally like to know what will be typed before it is predicted so its alot of hoping on our part that the program will figure it out.

Granted it works pretty well but I got rid of it. Besides its possible if the dev wanted to track our keystrokes that they probably could

Upvote 0
This one will work

xKSk.qr

Confirmed and agreed!

:D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I downloaded the apk from the link provided by sed, and followed all the given directions. However, whenever I try to "swipe" across the Swype keyboard, no text is imputed into the text box. (I can type manually on the keyboard, though) When I first use the app, it says my trial period has ended? Please help, I got a taste and now I want to use this :(

Upvote 0
Check in the settings...

menu > language and keyboard > touch input > text input > calibration tool

I am having the same problem. I just calibrated and it still won't work. I try to swype but no words show up. When I finish the last letter the entire keyboard area shows a blue outline but no words show up. I'd like to give this a try if I can get it to work.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. I just calibrated and it still won't work. I try to swype but no words show up. When I finish the last letter the entire keyboard area shows a blue outline but no words show up. I'd like to give this a try if I can get it to work.

The only advice I can offer is to calibrate the keyboard again and restart your Eris. I had a little bit of trouble and that cleared it right up for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones