• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SWYPE on the EVO?

So I tried reading through most of this thread, but can someone confirm for me that if you have the latest Sprint Froyo update, there is no way to manually update Swype? I want the latest version because they apparently got rid of that obnoxious "tips" popup box. My version also has ridiculous words stored that it won't let me delete (most notably "fout" when I try to type "for") using the Swype key method.

Upvote 0
So I tried reading through most of this thread, but can someone confirm for me that if you have the latest Sprint Froyo update, there is no way to manually update Swype? I want the latest version because they apparently got rid of that obnoxious "tips" popup box. My version also has ridiculous words stored that it won't let me delete (most notably "fout" when I try to type "for") using the Swype key method.

I would really like to know how to do this as well! I hate the "tips" pop-up box for hidden words! Please let me know if anyone knows how to update swype or just get rid of the tips box all together!!!!

Upvote 0
I would really like to know how to do this as well! I hate the "tips" pop-up box for hidden words! Please let me know if anyone knows how to update swype or just get rid of the tips box all together!!!!
Bump this. I too want to know. I've purposely avoided even learning Swype because I keep hearing about all the frustrations people have with the crappy Evo version compared to the updated versions Swype provides. Seems kind of stupid there isn't a way to update via market or something... I get useless Amazon MP3 updates all the time (I've never even loaded this app up) and they replace the Evo version. Why can't Swype work the same way? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones