• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
No, the swype team took down the beta because of the leaked versions that are out there.

That may be, but the G2 (and most any new Android phone) does not have the swype "beta," they actually have the retail version. It's included with the phone, it's on the box, etc. He has swype on his phone, and unless something is really messed up, it's still there somewhere.

FWIW, swype is still working just fine on my G2...

Upvote 0
Mind dissappeared yesterday too. I was able to get it back only by resetting to the G2 to it's default settings. To my surprise all my apps reloaded and but photobucket wanted to do an upgrade. I refused that upgrade thinking that might have been the problem. Yesterday morning Tmo pushed out a couple of upgrades like their accounts software and photobucket. Right after that was when swype stopped working...

Skip

Upvote 0
Mind dissappeared yesterday too. I was able to get it back only by resetting to the G2 to it's default settings. To my surprise all my apps reloaded and but photobucket wanted to do an upgrade. I refused that upgrade thinking that might have been the problem. Yesterday morning Tmo pushed out a couple of upgrades like their accounts software and photobucket. Right after that was when swype stopped working...

Skip

How bizarre. You need to call T-Mobile and get on their case about this. I downloaded the account software upgrade too (but not photobucket), and my swype is still working...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones