• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alsaces Daddy

Android Expert
Nov 13, 2011
Florida
I am trying to replace my sound files. Thanks to New Optimus I have found them, but now I need to know how to go about replacing them.

Bear in mind my USB is still defective.

I want to replace pretty much EVERY sound my phone makes. I.E.: charging, camera, on, off, etc.. Only ones I'm not worried with are the notifications like text or calls.

Any help... DETAILED-SLOWLY would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and I have root explorer. Running the INFAMOUS CM7.

Thanks in advance guys. :)

There are some online sites that will convert audio files for you (to keep it simple). I like using Online Audio Converter.

Rename the files to their appropriate name on your PC.

Upload them to your SD card using WiFi File Explorer.

Then use ES File Explorer to move them from your sdcard to the correct folder on your phone. You will need to tell ES File Explorer to mount the /system folder for R/W so it will work. That is in the settings menu.

Upvote 0
There are some online sites that will convert audio files for you (to keep it simple). I like using Online Audio Converter.

Rename the files to their appropriate name on your PC.

Upload them to your SD card using WiFi File Explorer.

Then use ES File Explorer to move them from your sdcard to the correct folder on your phone. You will need to tell ES File Explorer to mount the /system folder for R/W so it will work. That is in the settings menu.
He has root explorer he said, which in my opinion is the easiest one to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones