• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root T-Bolt Newb.... help?

Ok I have my phone rooted I was running Thunderbread 2.6 for awhile. I am now running Liquid Gingerbread 3.0. I am happy with this ROM even though at times it seems glitchy. Im wondering If there is A better ROM someone would advise??? I was thinking zgrl Thundersense 2.0 or Vigorsense 1.0??? Also would like to know more about custom kernels and overclocking etc.

Really your rom will depend on you. I would suggest checking out a few different roms to allow yourself to make the best decision on what you like.

I personally like Liquid's AOSP roms a lot.

Every rom comes with a custom kernel but you can change it if you wish. What kernels are available to you depends on if you are running AOSP or Sense. You flash a kernel just like a rom without wiping first. The kernel basically connects the hardware to the software.

Overclocking is kernel dependent. Almost all custom kernels can be overclocked with apps setCPU. Some kernels also provide custom scripts that can be ran in terminal to set overclock values. Every phone is different, my phone will not run if I overclock over 1.5 while other people can overclock to 1.92 without issue.

I suggest finding a rom you are willing to use as a daily driver before looking for a kernel.

Reactions: outlander2010
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones