• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile FROYO update

Settings > About phone > System software updates.

Then follow the steps. :)

Done that, it found the update, downloaded it, but then nothing happened ??

rebooted the phone, still nothing happened and am still on 2.1

If i use astro and go into my files i can see the 90 mb file in the folder sdcard/downloads, but if i click on it it just opens a set of different subfolders and files and i can't get it to install with any of them.

What am i doing wrong ?

I did only have about 10 mb internal free, got about 37 mb internal free now and rebooted phone, but still nothing happens.

Do i need to download it all over again now or how do i get it to install ?

Upvote 0
Well I've finally managed to get on wifi and have successfully installed the update :) So far so good.

My location on the clock and weather widget is working again. Also the constant force close error I was getting in 'Manage Applications' has been fixed :cool:

So that's the rest of the weekend written off as I'll be playing around with it to see what's new :p

Upvote 0
Typical, finally got around to checking for the update again today and its there. Downloaded. However forgot to put phone on charge last night so it says I don't have enough battery left to do the update. Sat there charging now. I can feel the presence of the update file burning quietly next to me all the time.

Come on.

Charge.

Dang it when are these nano-fibre batteries coming out?

Upvote 0
It's got nothing to do with available space. Did you interupt the install? Do a manual check, if it's there, do it and let it do it's thing, just wait for every prompt until it's complete, nothing else.

Ended up downloading it again (fortunately got a 3 gig data limit) and this time it did install.
Bit dissapointed so far, only able to move a small selection of apps to sd card and keyboard response whildt typing this using querty is a bit laggy

Upvote 0
Having debranded from a T-mobile Rom in order to get the generic HTC version I was interested to see what you guys got that was different. IT appears to be absolutely nothing. The same bugs seem to exist (bbc website crashing because of the flash) and you don't seem to have anything different to standard Froyo. Therefore what gives? Why does it take the networks so long to do minimal customisation?

Upvote 0
Has anybody else had problems with the pattern screen lock since updating? It doesn't seem to kick in when you slide the screen up to unlock it. Rather than ask for the pattern it simply unlocks the phone.

Check your settings as you can now put a timer on it for how long before it kicks in (rather than it happening every time)

Upvote 0
Tmobile added their own orange like bloatware - I'm genuinely astonished that they somehow overlooked the fact they left most of the apps in german after so much testing.

Unbelievable isn't it :rolleyes: You couldn't make it up :D

I've set up a hidden folder in FolderOrganizer just to hide them away but they really shouldn't be there in the first place :(

Upvote 0
Bit fed up that only 2 of my apps and tiny ones at that will move to SD,all the others have the option to move greyed out,i thought Google maps would have moved,also seem to have lost 4mb of space since update ,cant find why.

That's not the update's fault. Each developer needs to update their application to support those features. Give it a little while, see what updates come out.

My Google Maps is on my SD card
Total: 9.02Mb
Application: 7.75Mb
Data: 1.6Mb

Upvote 0
Oh and the voice texts find it really hard to understand scottish! like most of the world ha!

YouTube - burnistoun lift

;)

Internal space becoming a bit of a problem for me too now; installed but then had to uninstall the rather large Flash from Adobe.

Totally loving the "Fox to Phone" plugin for Firefox btw: send webpages, maps, YouTube vids, clipboard from your desktop browser instantly to your phone.

Fox To Phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones