1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Tablet Will Not Turn On

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andreatab, Dec 29, 2011.

1. andreatab

andreatab New Member

Dec 29, 2011
    I just received the 7 plus tab for Christmas. In the few short days that I've owned it, it will work great and then the screen will not turn back on from 'sleep mode'.

I hold down the power button and touch the screen to get it to turn back on. But, for $400, I am very frustrated that this is happening at all!!!!!

The 'Live Chat' operator at Samsung told me to do a "hard reset" by holding down the power and volume button. Told me that doing a 'Factory Reset' from settings was not the same thing. And this would make the software more stable.

Is this true?? I do not want to have to input all my information again. Shouldn't the device have been at the 'factory settings' two days ago when I first opened it?

Looking for some advice.

Advertisement

zulfumi likes this.
  2. vobguy

vobguy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Software development
    Virginia
    The Samsung rep is following a script. but that script is used partly because sometimes those things are found to be helpful.

I would be inclined to follow those recommendations first.

3. Hydrology

Hydrology New Member

Jan 5, 2012
    I had the same problem, my Samsung 7 plus died after 3 days. I did the factory reset and it came back with all of my software and settings. It seems to die about once a week and I have to do the same process over and over.

My girlfriend has a Samsung andriod phone, I cant remember the model number, and she has to reset her phone all the time. It seems to be a Samsung thing. They just haven't figured out how to implement a stable version of Android yet.

Maybe with version 4 of Android they will stop changing the OS long enough for the hardware guys to figure things out. With a new version of Android coming out every 3 months there is no way that anyone will be able to develop a stable platform.

4. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    School
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    I had that happen to me too! It is irritating!

5. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Michigan
    When it happens you have to hold the power button for a lot longer than normal for it to turn back on, about 20 seconds or so. Mine was doing this as well as randomly rebooting so i returned it to Best Buy and got a replacement. Has only happened once on the replacement in the past 3 weeks were it was happening daily on my first one.