• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablets with 3G

So, my first dumb question on these forums.

Since a tablet with 3G has a sim card, that means that you have a phone number (IIUC). So that means that the tablet can send and receive SMS and MMS.

Can those with 3G tablets confirm this please?

Can't speak for any of those from American carriers, but all international versions of 3G Samsung tablets except for the original Tab 10.1 can call, SMS, and MMS. Yes even the Note 10.1 can make calls

Upvote 0
And if I got a tablet with 3G, I wouldn't even need the phone to be a hotspot.

I can get a mobile phone connection with 60 mins talk and 60 SMS for 0€ per month. Yes thats a zero. No internet, no MMS, just voice and SMS. I can get another service (from the same supplier) that has unlimited calls, unlimited SMS, MMS and Internet up to 3Gig (reduced download afterwards but no extra charge) for 20€ per month.

Since I have the TF101, I'll look at the 3G 7 inchers that have microSD slots. Hopefully this new Nexus will have a microSD slot.

Cheers again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones