• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tether Motorola Triumph and Tablet

marathondon

Jan 8, 2011
I am using stock Froyo OS that has been rooted and have successfully tethered between my laptop using the easytether app. I installed barnacle with the thoughts of being able to create a hotspot for my tablet but learned that the tablet is not be able to see my phone. I then installed PdaNet with hopes to do the bluetooth connection. I installed DroidVPN and successfully installed tun.ko using installer. DroidVPN still does not find tun.ko. I'm able to pair my phone to the tablet but when I try to make the connection I get the following error:
fail to establish vpn connection:java.lang.illegalStateException
I believe it is said that the triumph has a built in tun.ko which maybe conflicts with my manual install even though it tells me I'm successful. I would consider installing a new ROM or even look into VPN servers if I new this would resolve my problem. Instinctively I must be on the right track but don't have enough understanding in this area to resolve problem.
Note: I have a Pipo U1 tablet which uses Jelly Bean. It's sort of a chinese version of Nexus 7 but I don't think any of that matters. I believe the problem is at the phone end.
Many talented people in this forum so I'm hoping that someone observes this post and can provide technical direction that I'm lacking.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones