• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tethering How To Instructions.

when you go into Mobile AP theres a little box on the top right corner click that it should then start to connect then below the picture of the phone and laptop will be directions to how you connect your other device i.e laptop to your phones so that your phone can tether its internet connection. you can also hit the menu button on the bottom left of the phone to change the password and hide your device.
I click on wireless and network and I see Mobile Networks at the bottom. I click on that and I see
Data Roaming
Access Point Names
Use only 2g networks
Network operators

Does yours show differently?

Upvote 0
I click on wireless and network and I see Mobile Networks at the bottom. I click on that and I see
Data Roaming
Access Point Names
Use only 2g networks
Network operators

Does yours show differently?

Your going to the wrong thing. Don't go to MOBILE NETWORKS go to Mobile AP its the third option from the top, when you click on that (mobile ap) make sure to check it (top right), then it will automatically give you further instructions. If you need further help let me know I'll try to make a video showing how to tether using mobile ap.

Upvote 0
Your going to the wrong thing. Don't go to MOBILE NETWORKS go to Mobile AP its the third option from the top, when you click on that (mobile ap) make sure to check it (top right), then it will automatically give you further instructions. If you need further help let me know I'll try to make a video showing how to tether using mobile ap.
I don't have it then. It's not listed. Are you outside of the US?

Upvote 0
snap20100913_060848-1.png
[/IMG][/IMG]

Here are some screen shots of what I'm talking about

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I installed the drivers for win 7 and then I turned the usb option to kies and then i connected my phone to usb and it just keeps saying initalaling and keeps flashing and nothing happens. and when i click on driver installation it says installing then it says mtp usb device failed.

can anyone help?

what keeps saying initializing? your phone or the computer?

you get the mtp usb device fail when the driver is incorrect, did you install the correct driver for your version of windows, do you have win 7 32bit or 64bit?

there was a link to xda with drivers posted, those didn't work for me, I found them somewhere else. I don't like the ones someone posted on xda.

Instead I used MSS INstallation Wizard for samsung usb driver v1.3.450.0

Upvote 0
what keeps saying initializing? your phone or the computer?

you get the mtp usb device fail when the driver is incorrect, did you install the correct driver for your version of windows, do you have win 7 32bit or 64bit?

there was a link to xda with drivers posted, those didn't work for me, I found them somewhere else. I don't like the ones someone posted on xda.

Instead I used MSS INstallation Wizard for samsung usb driver v1.3.450.0

the phone keeps saying its initalizing. and i have win 7 32 bit and i downloaded the correct drivers.

where can i get different drivers? where did you get your drivers from?

Upvote 0
the phone keeps saying its initalizing. and i have win 7 32 bit and i downloaded the correct drivers.

where can i get different drivers? where did you get your drivers from?

honestly, I don't remember the download link, I can email them to you. My system is win7 64, but I think this program has 32bit drivers also

Upvote 0
I did all the steps, and they went off exactly as described except for the dialing. This immediately returns:

Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order.

At least it isn't error 666 :D

If I unplug the phone, it returns to home screen. When I plug it in, phone asks for USB mode, and I select "Samsung Kies".

Properties:

Modem: Samsung Android USB Modem
Phone number: *99#
user name and password: both are blank.

Phone is connected and showing "MTP Application", with an image of a USB connector, and a sort-of progress display below that, with the word "Connected".

Note: I do have kies installed, so did not install separate drivers. This is Win7 x32.

Upvote 0
I did all the steps, and they went off exactly as described except for the dialing. This immediately returns:

Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order.

At least it isn't error 666 :D

If I unplug the phone, it returns to home screen. When I plug it in, phone asks for USB mode, and I select "Samsung Kies".

Properties:

Modem: Samsung Android USB Modem
Phone number: *99#
user name and password: both are blank.

Phone is connected and showing "MTP Application", with an image of a USB connector, and a sort-of progress display below that, with the word "Connected".

Note: I do have kies installed, so did not install separate drivers. This is Win7 x32.

hmmm strange, are you able to tether via kies?

Upvote 0
Hello EveryOne! I am a new memeber of this forum
I am a Samsung Vibrant oner I found this site when trying to learn how to use samsung kies...
I just wanna thank @Samsung Vibrant for the tutorial
if i hadnt came into this forum i would be fustrated about using this software
after reading the tutorial i notice the whole time iwas driving myself crazy over this ihad a different version of samsung kies....I had 1.5.3 and the listed here for Dwnload is 1.5.1 so Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones