1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

tethering my razr

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dacolenutt, Dec 27, 2011.

1. dacolenutt

dacolenutt Lurker

Hello all. I am using a Droid Razr which has been rooted. Using the stock mobile hotspot function (courtesy of sqlite) I get pretty good download speeds off my 4g and choppy upload but decent enough. My main concern now is internet connection to specific websites. Certain websites will not load period (yahoo, samsclub, etc) via the wireless connection. When I connect using Easytether this problem disapears. Any suggestions? Further note.. I have ran spyware (spy bot on startup) and windows update is up to date. I was looking at some mtu thing, but not really sure that would be it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

hello and welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i moved your post to the razr section. folks here can help you out.

dacolenutt likes this.
  3. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Have you checked if your provider does not have some kind of lock that does not allow some websites to open?

4. dacolenutt

dacolenutt Lurker

I honestly wouldn't know how to go about finding that out. But the fact that I can open the very same websites I have problems with via the hotspot wifi option tethered with the same phone leads me to believe the Provider (verizon) is not blocking sites. I have a hunch it's in the way the phone is communicating with my computer using the belkin wireless usb card. I just wouldn't know what to delete or change in any config settings.

5. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

How bout everyone's signal strength? My phone is sitting right by my xoom that I am on now with only 1 bar at times on my xoom..... then sometimes it will lose connection....why the weak wifi sig?

6. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

I use mine within 3-6 feet of my Acer laptop or Samsung Galaxy 8.9 tablet and get a very strong WiFi signal all of the time.

7. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Some of the tethering apps have a signal strenth, or send strength, setting. Check to see if that's been set too low.

8. rottenpixies

rottenpixies Member

I have had very good results using Barnacle Wifi tether. You can get it for free here... Link Removed

9. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Hey guys,

Sorry to be the one to break the bad news.... The site owner has recently decided that unauthorized tethering isn't allowed to be discussed here on AF as it's considered theft of service.

From the Forum Rules:

Of course, properly paid for tethering discussion is fully allowed! :D

10. gb4fan

gb4fan Well-Known Member

ok so I just got my razr yesterday and noticed the Mobile Hotspot app, When I click on it nothing comes up asking me to sign up for it or anything. If I use it will I get billed? Someone at work thinks I can use it free for 3 months and then I would have to pay. Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this app before I try it?

11. edstewbob

edstewbob Well-Known Member

If you select the Mobil Hotspot setting in the app it will contact the Verizon servers to determine if you are provisioned for this feature and it should not activate if you are not. At least that is how it works for me.

gb4fan likes this.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews