• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Text in the right-hand corner of the screen (Almost looks like Diag. stuff?)

I started up my phone this morning, and I've got this weird text at the top right corner of my screen.
The text itself is always changing, but it says this right now:

0.96/1.48/0.89
system_server
ndroid.launcher
dsi
ts.senseclock24

I can't figure out what I've done to get that to come up, or how to get rid of it.

Ideas?

My phone has been rooted to 2.2, and has been for a few months now without any problems..

Attached is a picture of what I'm talking about. It's on all screens and programs.

15980d1285467038-text-right-hand-corner-screen-screenshot.png

15981d1285467050-text-right-hand-corner-screen-screenshot_1.png

do you have Titanium Backup installed? There is a bit of text on the last line on first screen that has a line through it. That is a similar method that TitBU uses to indicate an app has been uninstalled.

anyway, can you backup this rom, then do you have an older rom you can flash back just to see if it is there in that? if so, you know it transcends the roms and is at some deeper level.

Upvote 0
Hi Peops,

I found the resolution to this! It must have been some sort of code, or some sort of sequence in which buttons were pressed on your phone that switched this on.

You need to download and install an app from the market place called Android Tweak by eLibera).

Once completed, open the application and select the Settings menu item, scroll right to the bottom of that list (make sure you don't toggle any of the other items there!) and select More option (for experts), on the first page of toggles, there is one titled "Show process CPI usage meter", select this so it has a cross (x) overlaying it. Exit out of the application and restart your android, and it will then dissapear..... for goood! ;-)

:):):)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones