• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thank you and Good Bye

Great feedback man thanks. Is it the nexus s 4g?

Considering our latest update today was underwhelming I may consider samsung devices in the future. I hate my girlfriends intercept but its an entry level smart phone though it is an incredible hunk of junk honestly a real piece lol. I normally would completely ignore them but I may at least have a look now.

Curious to see if it maintains the speed and smooth operation.

Any roms out there for it?

Your girlfriend get the evo update today?

Reactions: cyaiphone
Upvote 0
1. Phone boots very fast waaaaaaaaay faster than the evo

2. One thing I really missed at first was the T9 dialer, but a quick download of "mydialer" has fixed that.

I'm glad you are liking your new phone.

1: this just may be the fastboot feature of gingerbread.. I think the evo has this now.

2: just a tip, not sure it will work... but on the evo when on a aosp rom and you are in the contacts/dialer long press menu to pull up the keyboard and then it will search contacts just like the sense one did... just an option in case you don't want an extra app.

good luck and thanks for your feedback!

Upvote 0
Great feedback man thanks. Is it the nexus s 4g?

Considering our latest update today was underwhelming I may consider samsung devices in the future. I hate my girlfriends intercept but its an entry level smart phone though it is an incredible hunk of junk honestly a real piece lol. I normally would completely ignore them but I may at least have a look now.

Curious to see if it maintains the speed and smooth operation.

Any roms out there for it?

Your girlfriend get the evo update today?

yea this is the Nexus S 4G. I'm honestly very impressed with the Nexus S 4G so far. There seems to be alot of support for it from the dev's it being google's flagship phone. CM7 seems to be the choice of rooters for the Nexus. People are really happy with that rom and it's ability on the Nexus.

My gf is rooted and running Mikfroyo 2.4. She loves how fast the ROM is and I flashed the pink theme so she really loves the phone. She's had that set up for months now. Two weeks ago I flashed Viruses B3 rom and she had me restore the mikfroyo ROM within a day. I actually asked her this morning if I can flash her phone to a new ROM and before i was finished she had said NO.

I'm glad you are liking your new phone.

1: this just may be the fastboot feature of gingerbread.. I think the evo has this now.

2: just a tip, not sure it will work... but on the evo when on a aosp rom and you are in the contacts/dialer long press menu to pull up the keyboard and then it will search contacts just like the sense one did... just an option in case you don't want an extra app.

good luck and thanks for your feedback!

1. The new gingerbread has that option for fastboot when you turn the phone off. I don't think it actually shuts it off completely though. I used to have to use quickboot to fully turn off the phone when I was on Viruses ROM.

2. Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware of that! I'm pretty happy with the dialer app so I'll keep it for now, but it's nice to know I can get rid of it and still dial by name. Thanks!

Another thing i've noticed today is that my reception is still pretty good, but not as good as it is on the EVO. I had my gf's evo side by side and noticed the reception was better on the evo and Pages loaded a little faster on the evo as well. When I put both phones on WIFI the Nexus Spanks the evo on browsing speed.

Upvote 0
man cyaiphone, you are REALLY departing from the iphone!!! Atta boy!! LOL I just cant believe that they havent figured out that the "inferior" flash is still very necessary in many circumstances, removable memory is just a good idea, and a battery that you cant replace yourself is DUMB!!! LoL

I don't miss my 3gs, or Iphone 4 not one tiny itty bit! :D I was so impressed the first day I bought my EVO. and just now I was reading the recaps os WWCD 11 and all their "new" features are clones of Blackberry messenger and everything Google/Android have been doing for a long time already! Gosh I'm glad I left Apple. Google FOR LIFE!

Upvote 0
alright guys first things first Happy 4th!!!

Now..............

I've had the nexus s4g and I have to say that I'm returning it. It's a great phone, great screen, great form but I've suddenly missed sense. I downloaded mikg v2.15 on my gf's phone and it made me want an htc sense phone again. I never got a chance to root the nexus, but I don't think it would have changed my mind. I do experience the bad data connection users complain about and since i was running pure google I thought i'd have better battery life, but it's just as bad as an EVO with everything running in the background. I found nothing that jumped out at me and made me say "wow" what an awesome phone i can use this for the next 2 years. The switch from froyo to gingerbread wasn't ground breaking so I no longer care about being the first to get updates. I've called amazon and My evo 3d ships tomorrow! I"m back in this bbbbbbiiiiiiaaaaaaaat....................:D

Reactions: Xtremedays
Upvote 0
alright guys first things first Happy 4th!!!

Now..............

I've had the nexus s4g and I have to say that I'm returning it. It's a great phone, great screen, great form but I've suddenly missed sense. I downloaded mikg v2.15 on my gf's phone and it made me want an htc sense phone again. I never got a chance to root the nexus, but I don't think it would have changed my mind. I do experience the bad data connection users complain about and since i was running pure google I thought i'd have better battery life, but it's just as bad as an EVO with everything running in the background. I found nothing that jumped out at me and made me say "wow" what an awesome phone i can use this for the next 2 years. The switch from froyo to gingerbread wasn't ground breaking so I no longer care about being the first to get updates. I've called amazon and My evo 3d ships tomorrow! I"m back in this bbbbbbiiiiiiaaaaaaaat....................:D

LoL! Glad to have you back man!

Upvote 0
I started to write a response when you first posted but didn't want to come off as arrogant. I had a nexus s for about 2 weeks. It was bug-ridden. I didn't just not like it. I hated it. Back it went... I bought a used Evo to wait on the 3D to be truly and completely rooted before I go that direction or preferably they come out with an EVO2 and I'll skip the whole 3D thing.

Upvote 0
I too troll the 3D forums salivating for root and custom roms. My wife has an upgrade just sitting there waiting for me to upgrade to the 3D. :D
Then she can experience some evo goodness.

Check out the HTC Kingdom. Supposedly (and there is very little to go on) it will be a 4" qHD screen (I like the smaller form factor), dual core, and standard 8MP camera. It could be what the Incredible 2 SHOULD have been. I'm going to wait and see if the Kingdom materializes before I jump on the 3D. It has shown up in FCC documents so it should be this fall... I played with it in-store again and other than the 3D features, it really wasn't much more than my sense 3.0 EVO (albeit faster).

In the mean time, there are so many ROMs to play with that my EVO is "new again" about once a week...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones