• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Force Awakens

I'm open to the idea that some of the Jedi might be experimenting with different design ideas. Remember that weirdo double-ended one Darth Maul used to good effect?
I thought Darth Maul's double saber was awesome when I saw episode 1 in theaters. It's used to good effect because the fights are choreographed. In reality your reach would be a lot shorter than someone with a sword, which would be a big disadvantage.

Having a hilt would be handy. I think the debate was whether the beam started at the main blade, or at the end of the little hilt piece which could be cut through.

Upvote 0
VIngn8Q.jpg

Upvote 0
I trust Disney to make a sh!tload of money by pandering to the lowest common denominator with plenty of explosions and quick-cut indecipherable fight scenes, plot and character development be danmed. If one villain is good, three or four must be better. At this point I don't care if I ever see another superhero movie again. I'll give Star Wars a chance, the trailer is interesting and I did like Star Trek, but a new Star Wars every year is a bit much.

Upvote 0
I don't think that they're going to get crazy with the explosions and indecipherable fight scenes(I'm guessing you're thinking Transformer style? If so, I agree that those are annoying to watch). Those are usually the territory of CGI junkies. JJ is moving to more practical effects, and with that, I think the screen will be a little less busy.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones