• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Honor 5X is Said to Receive Android 6.0, EMUI 4, and Regular Security Updates

Honor made a splash at CES 2016 with the announcement of the Honor 5X into the United States market. Some were curious as to whether or not it would receive Marshmallow or regular security updates but Honor has told GSM Arena that it will receive all that and more.

GSM Arena

Honor made a splash at CES 2016 with the announcement of the Honor 5X into the United States market. Some were curious as to whether or not it would receive Marshmallow or regular security updates but Honor has told GSM Arena that it will receive all that and more.

GSM Arena
I think it will be montly updates, similar to a Nexus.
Cool, I saw some people complaining about emui, but what exactly do people not like about emui? Is it laggy and slow? Or is it just a different layout that takes some getting used to?
The big complaint with EMUI is that it kills or hides good, functional parts of Android and replaces them with half baked solutions. I think this is largely because Google was banned in China, Huawei's primary market until now. It is getting better, and the Honor 5X has the best iteration I've used, and I think a lot of the effort has been put into improvements we will see in the monthly updates.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
i see that honor 5x is a dual sim phone, what exactly does that mean? does it mean it has nano AND microsim slots so you can choose to use either size? or does that mean you need to have 2 sim cards installed at the same time? (sorry if its a dumb question, but if you can use either that makes it +1 on my list for versatility lol)

Upvote 0
i see that honor 5x is a dual sim phone, what exactly does that mean? does it mean it has nano AND microsim slots so you can choose to use either size? or does that mean you need to have 2 sim cards installed at the same time? (sorry if its a dumb question, but if you can use either that makes it +1 on my list for versatility lol)

I think they're both nano-SIM. It actually means you can operate the phone with two different numbers or carriers simultaneously, it's quite a common thing to do in China, and other parts of Asia. But you don't have to though, it will work OK with only one SIM.

Upvote 0
It has a micro sim and a nano sim. It means you can use either size or both if you want multiple phone numbers. The Nano-Sim tray will simultaneously hold a MicroSD card.
I think they're both nano-SIM. It actually means you can operate the phone with two different numbers or carriers simultaneously, it's quite a common thing to do in China, and other parts of Asia. But you don't have to though, it will work OK with only one SIM.
img_20160106180609.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones