• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The "I'm so old" thread game

I saw many concerts in the "dome".

View attachment 169100

My sister and me saw the Rolling Stones the following year in Bristol...

rolling-stones-bristol-1982-8 copy.jpg

Ever been in a helicopter ? It is not like a plane ride at all.

At a power lunch in a restaurant atop a tall building one day, where many of us attending a business seminar were having lunch, there was a helicopter buzzing around the restaurant, which was all windows.
I made the remark that I have flown in one and it was a very cool experience. The lady next to me stated she was an airline pilot and she would never get in one. I asked her why, to which she replied, "Never trust anything that flies and does not have wings" !

laughinghard

Reactions: AugieTN and olbriar
I have flown offshore to drilling platforms to repair the a/c unit.

My first flight I got into the craft and the pilot says:

Pilot - Ever flew in a helo before ?
Me- Nope

P- lets go over the basics first, never stand behind the craft as I can not see you there
M - shakes my head yes

P- when we land on the platform get out and get your tools out and move away from the craft remembering to keep your head down, I am only going to be on the pad as long as it takes you to debark my craft.
M- shakes head yes

P- Your emergency flotation device is under your seat - it has an inflation cord that must be pulled to inflate the lifesaver.
M- shakes head yes

P - In the event the craft has issues and starts to go down, don the flotation device and wait until the craft hits the water before pulling the inflation cord.
M- shakes my head yes, while thinking to my self, You stupid bastard, if this craft stalls and starts to go down I am donning my flotation device and kicking the door open and will pull the inflation cord while jumping out ! ! !

cigred

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones