• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

the new swype

buddiec

Nov 14, 2009
I have not been able to download and or install the new beta I get a screen size error, or a this is not a android phone what do I need to do short of a factory reset to get this working I also have a issue with my handcent all my incomming text revert to the stock messeging even tho handcent is selected as the default what gives with this phone lately

I have already done that I have been registered with swype for a while so when the new beta came out I got the email from them clicked on it logged in tried to download and that is when I get the error message about incorrect screen size or it says this is not an android phone please download to a android phone. And I also followed the instructions and uninstalled swype from the jump to no avail. I currently been using shape writer it is good but I had gotten used to swype.

Upvote 0
Thanks buys after 2 weeks of trying to get it the stock browser was the ticket.

Now if I could get my hancent working again with out the stock text messinger pooping up I have turned off the stock notification but it still comes up so I am getting double text and it reverts to stock text input page it used to work fine now it's messed up again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones