• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The phone app disappears after recent system update?

bbbl67

Jun 18, 2020
After a recent system security update to my phone, the phone calling app seems to be invisible when a phone call comes in. I can't answer the call, it doesn't pop up on my screen sometime, and if it does show up, it seems to disappear again. And sometimes I can't disconnect the call because the phone app has disappeared too. The phone call isn't even visible in the notification screen.

The phone is a Samsung S22 Ultra, with Android 13, and build number: TP1A.220624.014.S908WVLS2CWE1.

Ironically I have do an issue with the very latest s21 update: the phone has spontaneously rebooted twice in the 10-12 days since the update, compared to zero such crashes in the previous 18 months.

I had this once with my Pixel 2: 1 month in which the phone would restart about once/week, after which the next system update came in and it went back to being completely stable. I think it also changed a setting in my phone app, which is why I looked at this thread, but it doesn't seem to be quite the same thing.

So I'm not worried, though if the next update doesn't fix it I'll waste a few minutes of my life and try notifying Samsung. But my experience is that while I've never suffered any significant problems with an update minor niggles do occasionally happen.

Upvote 0
Funny thing: I received another update for my s21 last night, less than a fortnight after the previous one (and after my phone had had a couple of UI hangups and another spontaneous restart yesterday). Update description was standard boilerplate, but the top item was "Stability and reliability: device behaviour has been improved". Too soon to say whether it has fixed the issues, but a second update in rapid succession looks a lot like they've realised that the previous one was buggy.

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones